Please bring NHL 19, Madden 19, and UFC 3 to Origin

by younever_know8

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Please bring NHL 19, Madden 19, and UFC 3 to Origin

★★ Guide

It's a new year EA, lets do it!  Lets serve your customers on your gaming platform!  Why can't I play EA Sports games on EA's game platform?

Message 1 of 13 (3,350 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Please bring NHL 19, Madden 19, and UFC 3 to Origin

Community Manager

@younever_know8 If I should hear anything in relation to the sports titles coming to PC I'll update this thread with any information. 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 13 (2,878 Views)

All Replies

@younever_know8 a lot of that has to do with the licensing. Sadly...

A lot of people want more from the sports line-up on PC, but due to licensing (and growing costs for license) the chances to see those games on PC are really low. My guess is that EA went for the most profitable license (consoles) and left PC with only FIFA to represent the sports line, as FIFA series has the highest popularity on PC and it sells very well. 

Personally, i would love to see more sport games on PC, but that doesn't seem to be happening (not only with EA, but other companies, too, seem to forget about PC when it comes to sports games).

So here is to hope and keep making your voice heard. More and more posts and at some point EA might bring back the sports series back on PC.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 13 (3,275 Views)

★★ Guide

@ivrognard

As far as I know every other sports franchise comes to PC.

On Steam we have NBA2K, PES, The Golf Club, Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf, Rugby, Casey Powell Lacrosse, Handball, Don Bradman Cricket and more.

I'm not sure what other "mainstream" sports franchises exist.  The only other ones I know of are EA Sports titles and except for FIFA, they don't come to PC.  

Message 3 of 13 (3,259 Views)

2K has the exclusivity for NBA on PC for now. Not sure for how many years. Though looking at the ratings, it might not last longer. There is also the NHL and NFL, the NCAA, the MBL, UFC, just to name some of the biggest american favorite sports.

EA had a Rugby series, but don't know what happened to it. Prolly the low interest killed it. Which is a shame, as it was a really well done series.

TOCA and NASCAR used to be well represented, now they've disappeared from PC. Quite a few franchises missing. ATP and WTA get an occasional game, now and then (one coming this year and i hope that will be at least decent, as there are many years since we had a good tennis game).

I love sports games, but for some reasons they seem to be more abundant on consoles, sadly.

Sure, a lot of those franchises are huge in US and US is one of the biggest console market, so it does make sense that those franchises are more present on consoles. But ignoring the PC, which is in full revival/renaissance, just doesn't seem a good idea.

I really hope to see the franchises that EA has access to on PC at some point, but until then...patient bear is patient

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 4 of 13 (3,249 Views)

★★ Novice

yes we need it 

Message 5 of 13 (2,780 Views)

Community Manager

@younever_know8 If I should hear anything in relation to the sports titles coming to PC I'll update this thread with any information. 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 13 (2,879 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I feel like you've been saying this for years now. I want to play sports games, YOUR sports games,  but I can't afford to pay $400 for a new ps4 along with the $40 for the game. PLEASE bring sports games to PC. We have few and i'm very frustrated.

Message 7 of 13 (2,692 Views)

★★ Novice

NHL 19 on PC would be amazing.

Message 8 of 13 (2,180 Views)

@ElGatoDeAcero it might be dependent of how Madden will fare on PC this year. If EA has some nice sales, wemight see more sports titles back on PC. I doubt that the rest of this year line-up will happen, but maybe we can hope for the next year, now that Madden was brought on PC>

Message 9 of 13 (2,157 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Would love if if they bring all their sport games to PC! 

Message 10 of 13 (2,068 Views)