Re: Please be more transparent with us

by Xare555

Original Post

Please be more transparent with us

★ Guide

I’m sure I’m not the only one who was anxiously waiting to get off work/school/whatever to see if there was a new legend/guns/battle pass to dive into. 

Now I can’t say I’m upset because nothing was ever confirmed, it was a leak and we all know it. But octane was a leak too and on your website that leak is now up, so atleast his appearance has now been confirmed by you guys. 

The issue I do see is that you guys as a company are adding fuel to the fire by not keeping us in the loop. There’s a huge difference in announcing then releasing a game no one knew about in a 24 hour span, compared to having a game out and not putting release dates out for certain content, and no “sometime in March” isn’t a good way to go about it either. 

Dont turn into bungie by “listening”, I already see that trend with darko. Please please PLEASE be more transparent with us! 

Message 1 of 11 (643 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
But that would ruin the surprise. . .
Message 2 of 11 (626 Views)

★ Guide

I couldn't agree more.. If the "Leaks" are BS, then tell us. If there is truth to them, confirm it. 

What if I took a day off of work for this, and by this I mean 100% just to play the new battle pass? That could have been easily fixed by putting out a statement saying 

"We do have new content coming, but unfortunately the leakers have the wrong date"

In my hypothetical situation, I wouldn't have taken off and the company wouldn't have so many frustrated players right now.

Look I get it, you like the spotlight, you like having all eyes on you. I can picture some old creepy guy in his late 90's sitting at a desk with his hands clasped together saying "Look at all the peasants clamoring for crumbs of bread". You can care less about the players and expect us to sit and wait like good children. That might work now, but what happens when a BIGGER and BETTER battle royal comes out? Do you think players are going to show loyalty to a company that sat there and laughed when we believed leaks? Even more so when you could have just confirmed, or denied, the truth of those leaks? 

But you guys enjoy being one of the most "Talked" about games.. Cause at some point this negative situation may just come back to bite you. 

Message 3 of 11 (622 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

They have responded about the datamining and when they will provide more information regarding the Battle Pass.

Just because you haven't found it, doesn't mean they aren't communicating.

Edit - Also, it should go without saying that you shouldn't be taking time off of work based on an unsubstantiated rumor.

Message 4 of 11 (607 Views)

★ Guide

Maybe I enjoy taking time off work based on rumors lol...  Actually I don't, and I didn't.. 

Message 5 of 11 (594 Views)

★★★ Novice

Odds are it was supposed to release to day but was postponed due to the whole pc being able to just add stuff to there account using commands with out paying for it. So until they have a surefire way of dealing with that odds are it’s on hiatus for consoles to

Message 6 of 11 (569 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@the_ambieneer wrote:

They have responded about the datamining and when they will provide more information regarding the Battle Pass.

Just because you haven't found it, doesn't mean they aren't communicating.

Edit - Also, it should go without saying that you shouldn't be taking time off of work based on an unsubstantiated rumor.

Problem is they responded THE DAY OF what the rumor said was going to be the release date. Granted I told everyone to stop getting hyped over today being the day because we had no evidence and not even a teaser at the legend, which I'm sure they would bring up and showcase some abilities before actually finally launching the live season 1.  I would think they want maximum players on when the release date comes so I'm sure they'd post a notice 1-2 days in advance if not a week (since they like to be secret i would assume only 1-2 days before) 

But the point still remains you need to either claim truth to rumors or come out and blatantly say hey they aren't true so don't get hyped for nothing. Doesn't take long to do this, I mean I surf the forums regularly and try to keep people updated on everything i find on Reddit and so on and so fourth and I don't work for them. So I'm sure they can do a better job than me since I'm just one guy. 

Granted they don't HAVE to do anything but the way EA as a whole has been going it would be in their best interest or Respawns interest to come and inform the people at the very least about rumor/data mining information so that people know they at least watch the forums and pay attention to the customers.

Message 7 of 11 (432 Views)

★ Guide

here is my slight problem with that... You speak of these foreign lands and mystical places (reddit and others).. But this is THEIR website.. Why not just post something here? Why not just make a thread (and make it good and sticky) just debunking the "false" date?

Message 8 of 11 (518 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SxyAlphaBeastNJ wrote:

here is my slight problem with that... You speak of these foreign lands and mystical places (reddit and others).. But this is THEIR website.. Why not just post something here? Why not just make a thread (and make it good and sticky) just debunking the "false" date?

I agree whit this.If they wanna say or announce something official forum should be n1 adress for doing it... Sry but I hate devs and comps who mostly/primarily using sites like reddit, twitter...etc. Customers doesnt have to dig whole internet, social media for some information... If they have a official site/forum then they have to use it primarily .

Message 9 of 11 (471 Views)

★ Guide

@SxyAlphaBeastNJ wrote:

this is like when pubg came out, their official forums where the last place to get info on anything, still is basically

Message 10 of 11 (467 Views)