Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Please allow private strongolds

by Ri0tous

Original Post

Please allow private strongolds

★★★★ Novice

So I played a coupe of tens of hours of the demo during the weekend. The best experience during that time was one run of that stronghold on hard where I was playing premade with my friend. We had one extra player at the start but they left not far into the mission. We ended up playing the rest of the stronghold duo. It was so fun not having to wait for teammates who move more slowly or steal mission objectives and don't realize they should bring them back. My friend being a competent player combat felt as easy as with a full random party. I also had one run where I played halfway solo on my colossus before infinite loading. That was pretty fun too.

My point is please allow us to play strongholds in private! Don't take away that option that we have in most similar games. I do believe that will make this game better for me. For me and many others who want to play stronghold in a less casual way.

Message 1 of 11 (239 Views)

★ Apprentice

So in the alpha free play was allowed in private sessions, however it was not in the demo only public so am hoping strongholds and freeplay are locked public for the purpose of the demo only   

Message 2 of 11 (232 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It would be nice if you could pick public or private on any mission type.

Message 3 of 11 (222 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That was what I was hoping too. This post on the Anthem site seems to say they intend to have it full party only.

"So whether you are going in with your usual squad, making new friends, or just jumping into matchmaking to join with some fellow thrill-seekers, you’ll need that full group to make it through."

from https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/anthem/news/storming-the-strongholds as of time writing this.

Message 4 of 11 (202 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Steffe4k wrote:

That was what I was hoping too. This post on the Anthem site seems to say they intend to have it full party only.

"So whether you are going in with your usual squad, making new friends, or just jumping into matchmaking to join with some fellow thrill-seekers, you’ll need that full group to make it through."

from https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/anthem/news/storming-the-strongholds as of time writing this.

That kind of sucks really... Sometimes its fun to do a challenge and limit your self to you and a friend, or just you if you feel especially thrill seeking.

Message 5 of 11 (198 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

"Freelancers must have a full group of four to enter a Stronghold, and you will need every member of your team to succeed"

So i guess strongholds will be 100% multiplayer only kinda makes me mad, but with PC discord and Xbox Clans am hoping it wont be a major issue 

Message 6 of 11 (187 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
Well, the only thing I ask them is to allow private Free Play. Strongholds are like dungeons in other online games so it's intended to be played with a full team. I don't mind that.

But private free plays are needed. But if I'm right, when you tried to start a private free play, the demo was saying it was just disabled in the demo. So I think it'll be fine.
Message 7 of 11 (156 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Free play cannot be private, not now 'nor in the full game.
Prolly if ppl still keep complaining about this thing they will make it happen'.
Message 8 of 11 (151 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

You are absolutely right Steffe4k. They really need to let us play private strongholds. Here's why:

Me and my brothers were playing the VIP demo this weekend. We went in with the three of us and ended up with a fourth random player.

Now my brothers and I like to take our time on missions. We like exploring and taking in the beautifull world the devs have crafted.

The fourth player didn't.

He would fly up ahead and start mission objectives with us still a few rooms back. This would cause the three of us to get teleported to him, thereby skipping past enemies and caverns to explore. This really took the fun out of the stronghold for us. This single rando, that we were forced to play with ended up dictating HOW we played the stronghold. That is not wat I call fun, it's frustrating.

I understand the devs don't want to balance every stronghold for three or two player teams. But they don't have to. Just keep it balanced for 4 players, but let you attempt it with just 3, 2 or even 1 player(s). It'll give people a challenge and spare you the frustration of getting teamed up with a player that ruins your experience.

Hope you are listening Bioware. The game you created is AWESOME! And me and my brothers would love to expierence the full breadth of it, albeit at our own pace Wink

Message 9 of 11 (145 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Cant we change that when we started an expedition? I think there is a icon called privacy settings...

Message 10 of 11 (140 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help