Please add more fortifications and...

by presto423

Original Post

Please add more fortifications and...

★★★ Novice

I think Battlefield V maps and matches would be far more fun and interesting if there were much more fortifications in the maps.  Tanks currently pound fortifications in most areas quite easily down to the ground.  Some fortifications are also too close to areas that are strategic to leave open pathways or go-between routes.  I get trapped in fortifications sometimes, even if I'm merely being shot at by one or two enemies.  Having more provides more options of where to go at different times.  Along with that, I really think there should be at least a few more weapon types of stationaries and towables.  The PAK and other tankbuster are easy to destroy, and the AA gun is the only alternative besides those.  Machine gun turrets are super difficult to hit with, and are easy to get shot during use.  I'll give an example of a place in a map where fortifications are more of a problem than a defensive help.

Solomon Islands

In every section of the map (section is defined here as the 3 main regions in Breakthrough, each of which contains 2 objectives), most fortifications are sandbag walls around and inside the buildings and barbed wire around the perimeter of the two separate objectives.  The barbed wire is largely on the ridges, or tightly packed into a space that's much too close to the objectives and are simple targets to destroy with a tank grenade or rocket launcher, or a tank or grenade launcher.  Placing barbed wire further away from the objectives / 'bases' would allow the defending team far more strategic and tactical options, including deterring the attacking team from sneaking into the region quickly after a surprise capture.  Sandbag walls would be excellent if longer walls of those were placed along shoreline areas, plus a bit on ridges and short plateaus that are located at a moderate distance from the objectives.  Currently, sandbag walls, barbed wire, and the buildings they surround are brought to mostly uselessness within a brief assault by attacking teams.  This produces an empty landscape the size of a warehouse room or smaller in a number of maps, letting the opposing team's snipers and every other class deteriorate the defenders' forces over and over without a recourse or two to change it around.  It's a terrible issue on the island-based maps, Fjell mountains, and is somewhat of a problem in the big bridge map (drew a blank on the title of it for some reason).  For a few fortifications to add to types, I suggest concrete / wooden pillboxes, metal walls with viewing holes / rectangular spaces, short to medium distance tunnels, and deployable mine fields that are limited to certain size area and location within a certain distance outside of the objective(s) (say, 40-100 m depending on the map and objective).  New towables / stationaries could be:

Stationary missile launcher that has a large blast radius and does high damage to enemies who are running and larger tanks, but are limited in swivel range (like a 40 degree arc diameter).  Only one or two is allowed per section / objective.

Towable mortar, which is exclusively towable by the jeeps.  That'd restrict it from becoming a frequent nuisance or game-winning cheat, yet also not deprive defenders or attackers of an effective option to create a strategy with spotters and timing of attacks.

Spotting telescope inside certain buildings or at ground level, with the ability for zooming to a farther distance than all guns / tanks.  This has a limited arc diameter too, preventing the systematic spotting of the entire opposing team within a short time.  It can be utilized as a deterrent to airplanes too, by immediately spotting them if it hovers over the entire plane (so the entire enemy plane is within the screen view of the telescope).  There's bonus points for using telescope consistently over the course of defending or capturing an objective...not for simply spotting once, or spotting a bunch of enemies once or twice.  I know it sounds difficult to program and would probably attract the tremors of disparaging lots of players who would shout in the forums about it being unnecessary or cheating.  But seriously, it could balance things when most players on a team are not Recon, and even half the team is Recon, it could allow spotting to become functional again.  The length of time spotted is twice that of any other spotting method.

Message 1 of 1 (360 Views)