Please add Private Lobbies and P2P Speedlists - Request

by 2ELI0

Original Post

Please add Private Lobbies and P2P Speedlists - Request

★ Guide

Hey NFS Community,

a Ghost Games developer said that there won't be Private Lobbies and P2P Speedlists in NFS Heat, at least at launch.

You can watch the full interview by clicking on this link: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKjf6LqakPg

Speedlist part starts at: 10:29

Private lobbies part starts at: 18:46

Important: The developer said answering the question "Are private lobbies going to be in the game?" like the following, I quote:

"I don't think so, but if we get a lot of requests for that, we definitely consider doing that.

A petition has been started as well: https://www.reddit.com/r/NFSHeat/comments/cupm80/petition_to_add_private_lobbies_in_need_for_speed/

Since the developer said that if they are going to be lots of requests, they will consider that, I appeal urgently the NFS Community Managers and you NFS fans to desperately ask for that feature. It should be standard already and not be implemented afterwards. Playing free roam is all fun, but it should be also able to create a private lobby and play with people you want to play with. 

If you could pass this request on to the developers I'd be grateful. People on reddit are complaining already, for instance. 

Thank you very much. @EA_Andy , @BenWalke 

Regards

2ELI0

Message 1 of 41 (4,393 Views)

Re: Please add Private Lobbies and P2P Speedlists - Request

★★★★★ Newbie

I totally agree with that request, please ghost games add private lobbies and p2p speedlists!!

Message 2 of 41 (4,312 Views)

★ Guide
I wanted to bring this topic up again. Any news regarding implementing this standard feature into the game? @BenWalke
Message 3 of 41 (4,168 Views)

@2ELI0 wrote:

Since the developer said that if they are going to be lots of requests, they will consider that, I appeal urgently the NFS Community Managers and you NFS fans to desperately ask for that feature. It should be standard already and not be implemented afterwards. Playing free roam is all fun, but it should be also able to create a private lobby and play with people you want to play with. 

I wholeheartedly agree with this!

Private lobbies and PvP Speedlists should both be in the game at launch. We shouldn't have to wait months for them to come to the game.

Without PvP Speedlists, the game is basically unfinished.

I remember the past NFS games had Multiplayer / PvP at launch. Why should we have to wait months for PvP for newer NFS games now...? Disappointed

First impressions are everything.

Once people complete the game, there will be nothing else to do with no PvP and people will just stop playing the game.

The Crew 2 is a perfect example for this.

That game launched without PvP for the first 6 months after release.

When PvP did come 6 months later, it was dead. Nobody was playing it. You have to play the game at a certain time of day to find opponents for PvP. (Like 4 am in the morning to play PvP)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 41 (4,149 Views)

★ Guide
@2ELI0 Yeah I agree. Let's get this happening. I don't want to be racing around with a bunch of randoms who would much rather be doing a Dem0 Derby than proper racing.
Message 5 of 41 (4,128 Views)

★★ Expert

@Michael_Rush  @2ELI0  @TheRealJony  @BrahmaBull915 

I also agree with all of you we need this on day one in the game!! 

We should not have to wait many months down the road for these to be added to the game.

I was unaware of this until I just viewed this topic in the forums today. 

I'm actually shocked this kind of blunder could happen.

Than again maybe I'm not so surprised by this news as Payback and 2015 on opening day was a disappointment too. 

Let's hope everyone in this NFS Heat Forum community teams up and signs that petition the one guy posted in this thread. 

I'm tired of spending $80 for an incomplete game on day one. 

As I know many of you veterans of the NFS series feel fed up with such nonsense. 

Thanks to all the above who have posted community comments on this topic. 

Wishing each of you a very happy day. ☑️😁

Message 6 of 41 (4,096 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Michael_Rush @BLVD69 @Michael_Rush @BrahmaBull915 

I am glad that you guys share the same view on this subject. It is indeed incredible that we have to specifically request this feature, which shouldn't be called a feature anyway. It should be standard in every game already. 

For instance, I still play NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 mainly because of private lobbies, since it makes lots of fun. That game is 9 years old. 

I want to have that long time motivation for Heat as well. It just shows how people can be kept satisfied after everything has been achieved in-game. What happened to The Crew 2 is a warning as well. 

@EA_Barry @EA_Andy @EA_Ataashi can you guys confirm to forward or that you have already forwarded this needed request to the Ghost Games developer? Ben Walke has already been tagged on this. I already tweeted him on Twitter but sadly no reply. 

Thank you in advance guys. 

Regards

2ELI0

Message 7 of 41 (4,040 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

As you've already pointed out - developers are aware of the feedback around this.

We wouldn't have any further information to share about that at the moment.

- Andy -

Message 8 of 41 (4,032 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Andy thank you.
Message 9 of 41 (4,019 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Are there any updates on this topic? The games out now, and I love the gameplay, but we need an easier way to connect to more players for races. Nobody joins race invites in the 16 party rooms.

Message 10 of 41 (3,785 Views)