Re: Please add Achievements on Steam

by nitewyrd

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

same.    EA if you want my money ADD STEAM ACHIEVEMENTS NOW!!!!

Message 91 of 127 (1,319 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's incredibly lazy that they STILL haven't added achievements on Steam.  I refuse to buy the game until they're added.  Apparently EA doesn't want the money of people holding out for achievements....

Message 92 of 127 (1,287 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes it is a shame that EA doesn't want to utilize the functions that Steam offers. However, considering the release of Command and Conquer it seems like EA is handling upcoming titles different than older ones.

My guess is that all the old games that already exist and are bound to Origin will just hit steam in shape of a "shortcut". Meaning, Steam is going to load those games on Origin and due to EA's laziness, they will still require Origin and won't support Achievements. Somehow, they can't add Steam achievements to games which have not been overhauled in order to get rid of Origin and ensure a native Steam accessibility. Meaning, every game that requires Origin to start doesn't support Steam features except of trading cards. Probably because of technical reasons, I don't know.

But taking Command and Conquer into account it seems like as if EA is handling upcoming titles differently. Probably, upcoming titles will not be using Origin and therefore, they'll be utilizing Steam Achievements etc. Best example is, as already mentioned, Command and Conquer.

This is not an excuse, though. In my opinion, every single game should be running on Steam natively WITHOUT the requirement of Origin, which is an expendable launcher that acts as a fifth wheel on the wagon. I mean, EA is receiving more money because of Steam without having the will to put a little bit of effort in those games in order to make them work appropriately on Steam. Just copy on Origin and paste into Steam.

As I said, we might be seeing new games that haven't been released yet on Origin to come to Steam natively with Steam Achievements but I don't think that we will see older games which have that feature implemented. That's a shame...

Message 93 of 127 (1,253 Views)

Champion

(June 12th)

Now, many EA game titles are available on Steam! Standard smile

Battle Field, Star Wars Battlefront, Mass Effect and more.

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/electronicarts

https://twitter.com/BenWalke/status/1271110053454663680

...But no achievements? Oh... Frown

Message 94 of 127 (1,242 Views)

★★★ Novice

Its june and the game still doesnt have achievements or any other ea game...Cmon ea,i wanna spend money on some games

Message 95 of 127 (1,227 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just waiting for the day we get Steam Achievements so I can finally purchase this awesome game.

Message 96 of 127 (1,193 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The game is again in sale but still no achievements. If they don't add achievements till end of the year I will just watch a let's play instead of buying it

Message 97 of 127 (1,071 Views)

Champion

Hello there! 

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/troubleshooting-ea-games-on-steam/

Trouble shooting page for steam players.

Nice work! Standard smile

By the way...

Can I earn Steam Achievements and Trading Cards with EA Games?

You won’t earn Steam Achievements for our games, but you can still build out your Trading Card collection. 

NO... please... no... Devil

Really??? Why?

Message 98 of 127 (1,024 Views)

★★★ Novice

Wtf? That just doesnt make sense. I am also someone who didnt buy it because of the lack of achievements. Kept spare 60€ around and have been waiting ever since release. So EA if you want my money, if you want me to rebuy Battlefield and the Mass Effect franchise. Add Achievements. I mean seriously I would rebuy my WHOLE ORIGIN LIBRARY. If you can't make it till summersale I spent my money elsewhere, your not the only company on my list.

Message 99 of 127 (981 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Id buy Jedi Fallen Order and Mass Effect Andromeda in 1 nanosecond on steam if they just added achievements...

Message 100 of 127 (966 Views)