Please Stop Matching Solo Players against Full Squads

by DYSPROssium

Original Post

Please Stop Matching Solo Players against Full Squads

I would like to share some feedback on the state of matchmaking, especially against premade squads.

As a solo player, the thing that needs some proper fixing is the way the game assigns new players to match up against premade level 20+ teams.

Some info

• I was solo queuing in all these examples.
  • I am guessing Amsterdam servers
  • Matchmaking was done on 'normal times'. Like 17:00 to 22:00 CEST

Example 1.

Screenshot (29)_LI.jpg

In this match, I was assigned two random beginner players (with no attachments whatsoever) to fight a premade team of level 30+.

Example 2.

Directly after that match (which lasted like 1 min), the game thought it was a good idea to match the exact same players against each other again.

Which resulted in 1 of my teammates leaving the game.

Screenshot (37)_LI.jpg

This is how the match went:

Screenshot (31)_LI.jpg

Example 3.

Screenshot (36)_LI.jpg

I was matched with 2 low-level beginners in my squads, to fight a premade level 27+ squad. One of my teammates immediately left the game (this is how we started).

This is how that match ended. My teammate was literally being spawn farmed.

Screenshot (38)_LI.jpg

I can understand that if there are not many players to match up against, it may be necessary to let a premade team fight solo players. But on these times, I can hardly believe that there are no other players and I get matched up against the exact same players with the exact same team.

Other matchmaking issues:

• Finding a match can take several minutes.
  • Finding a preseason ranked match can take 5 min or more (or never find one).
  • Even if players leave at the start of a game, there is no way of getting a teammate back.
  • There is no quit button on the PC version

Message 1 of 4 (580 Views)

Re: Please Stop Matching Solo Players against Full Squads

★★★★★ Expert
@DYSPROssium Same thing is happening on ranked. I don't know if there's already a SBMM implemented, I know it'll be in season 1 but now I can play with/against anyone from rank 1 to 20... I've had several ppl who just started playing on my team which is annoying...

That or ranked and playing with little kids. I've now had 2 instances of playing with kids between 7-12. On second day I played with a most definitely not older than 12 year old who was... Meh? But yesterday took the cake. With most definite guessing by voice and speech pattern I can say I'd be shocked if this kid was older than 8...
I'm not an elitist but an 8 year old or younger thats lvl 1 should not play (ranked) with lvl 8+ ppl. The stat of dmg done 108 spoke for itself...

Maybe the community is really low tho... If you go by the comments on all videos relating to this game you can tell a clear picture unfortunately.

I do agree with charging for the game cause it deters hackers but pricepoint seems a bit high for most.
Message 2 of 4 (541 Views)

@DYSPROssium I experience the same thing whenever I queue for a Preseason Ranked match. I play with randoms (as none of my friends have this game) and I typically notice the same group of two or three people are on the same team. Whenever that happens, those group of two or three people win the game.

Makes the matches very one-sided when those groups of two or three people are communicating to each other via mics while my team is completely silent.

DYSPROssium wrote:

I can understand that if there are not many players to match up against, it may be necessary to let a premade team fight solo players. But on these times, I can hardly believe that there are no other players and I get matched up against the exact same players with the exact same team.

The Steam numbers only show the amount of only Steam users playing the game, but it does give a good overall picture of other platforms as well.

Roughly it's around 300 on a day, which is horrible for a game that just launched.

Link: https://steamdb.info/app/1233550/graphs/ 

DYSPROssium wrote:

• Finding a preseason ranked match can take 5 min or more (or never find one).

That's weird. Very weird. Thinking

Despite the low amount of Steam players, I can at least find a Preseason Ranked Match with 1 or 2 minutes of waiting.

At the same time though, I see the same people over and over again.

Already just a couple of days ago, I noticed and recognized the same names over and over again. For me, this is a bad sign that the game already has a small playerbase.

DYSPROssium wrote:

• There is no quit button on the PC version

For now, Alt+F4 is the quit button for PC. Large smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 4 (503 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@TheRealJony I have the same thing. Luckily not only 2 teams but so far I've seen around 15 names that I've played with/against on multiple occasions... Like you said, for a new game thats terrible and basically a foreboding.

Either they have to make this game free 2 play within a month or risk having a commercial failure and having to shut down the game (servers).
Message 4 of 4 (450 Views)