Please No random bullet spread!

by Neovisi0n

Original Post

Please No random bullet spread!

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Man 2042 got be so hyped that I went back from more or less only playing R6S to playing some battlefield 4. 

The random spray recoil patterns are so unbelievably frustrating. Knowing my sight in on target but my shots not hitting is absolutely rage inducing...

I get its a lot more work to design specific recoil patterns for every gun in the game, but even COD has it.

This isn't CS:GO, this isn't Valorant, please for the love of god don't take the easy lazy way out by just using a generic spray diamond that gets bigger the longer you fire.

For me at lease, this would single handedly ruin my experience in the game.

Thank you for attending my TED Talk.

EDIT: added infographic for explanation. 

(CM: Edited thread title)

Message 1 of 78 (3,690 Views)

Re: For the love of god EA, please NO RANDOM GUN RECOIL!!!!

★★★★ Guide

As long as the bullets go where the gun is pointed. So no RBD like BF1. 

Message 2 of 78 (3,666 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@ninjapenquinukman, they just need to make the bullets go where the reticle is... my bullets don't come out of the gun at an angle, so I don't why only some of my bullets hit when im lasering someone center of mass with the AEK from 10ft away...

Message 3 of 78 (3,666 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I do certainly hope they take the Battlefield 5 approach to weapon control where bullets go where your gun is aiming. I've tried going back to Battlefield 4 but the randomness is incredibly unsatisfying.

Message 4 of 78 (3,624 Views)

★ Guide
@Noodlesocks man as I said, yesterday me and my buddies decided to go back to playing some BF4, it was absolutely rage inducing.
Message 5 of 78 (3,619 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Much prefer BF4/1 gun mechanics, sue me. 

Message 6 of 78 (3,606 Views)

★ Guide
@Trokey66 really? BF4 an BF1 puts an artificial skill cap on the game because even the most refined accurate player is subjected to RNG in where their bullets actually go vs where they're aiming.

It's both frustrating and extremely unrealistic, I don't why anyone would want to go back to that.
Message 7 of 78 (3,605 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Neovisi0n Skill cap?

Is trigger control not a 'skill'?

Is mitigating spread mechanics not a 'skill'?

If not, why are they less of a 'skill' than pulling down slightly on a stick, an action that is arguably easier with a mouse?
Message 8 of 78 (3,601 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Trokey66RNG inherently introduces a skill cap because its random ie. not controllable... There is absolutely no reason your bullets should not land on your reticle. I'm not saying guns should not have recoil, that would be stupid, but the gun its self should introduce that inaccuracy, not an RNG mechanic that makes your bullets not land on the point that you're aiming at...

if im aiming at a target and I have perfect recoil control so that my reticle stays on the exact same point the entire time im shooting, there is no reasonable reason that my bullets should be spread out in a random circle. period.

Its annoying and is not based in reality.

I also don't know why you think removing the RNG removes the need for trigger control...

Also, mitigating spread mechanics is still there, its just based on actual weapon recoil instead of RNG

Message 9 of 78 (3,585 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Neovisi0n But because I know SIPS is there, why is trigger control less of a 'skill'.

Indeed, one could argue that point and click is less of a 'skill' and (although I hate to bring in the realism argument) there are nriys reason why a round 'doesn't go where the gun points'.

Also spread mechanics and indeed suppression adds a layer to the gameplay that was missing in BFV. It became whoever saw who first won.
Message 10 of 78 (3,569 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help