Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: * Please Chill Out & Give Bioware Devs Breathing Room...

by ElectricBill360

Original Post

* Please Chill Out & Give Bioware Devs Breathing Room...

★★★★★ Apprentice

We all know everyone is upset at EA for past stuff and we really don't know what effect they have had on Bioware.    At this point, all we can do is report bugs.   Yelling and screaming at the devs isn't going to really accomplish anything positive.

I would like to ask the community to take a time out and give the devs a break from all the angry posts.   Let them have some calm and fix what they can and see how it turns out in a month or so.   Just give them a break for a while.

Message 1 of 27 (871 Views)

★ Apprentice

They've had years, what do you think they can accomplish in a month?

If we're quiet for a month then nothing will get done. How will they know what's important to fix without our guidance?

None of us are stopping them from working. They're grown ups and can decide which comments to listen to.

I've already stated that most players will be gone if they don't sort out this mess within the first month or so.

If they'd given us a complete and well-balanced game then we wouldn't be complaining. Maybe next time they'll consider finishing the game before releasing it. Optimistic, I know Standard smile

Message 2 of 27 (849 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@GuruChaz wrote:

We all know everyone is upset at EA for past stuff and we really don't know what effect they have had on Bioware.    At this point, all we can do is report bugs.   Yelling and screaming at the devs isn't going to really accomplish anything positive.

I would like to ask the community to take a time out and give the devs a break from all the angry posts.   Let them have some calm and fix what they can and see how it turns out in a month or so.   Just give them a break for a while.

Agreed. 

Every rant reply I have posted is along this lines. At least I try then someone has a I’m flamed moment and I flip. I’m going to refrain from flame posts or arguing. If people want to stop playing, that’s your right as a owner. I won’t. I’ll keep reporting bugs and wait for future patches. 

I seriously dont don’t think BioWare is to shoulder the blame here. And honestly, given how god awful Fallout 76 at launch and still now-over 3 months later remains-There has to be a patience level by Anthem owners more than -100 

I truly believe they need this game to work, WA, BioWare, God, whoever and this won’t be Andromeda 2.0 and they need us to help. 

Lets all cool the hate and flaming of the devs, and those who are supporting patience. What’s the worst that can happen? They don’t fix it, no one plays it and they will feel the heat. If we’re patient and understanding, the reward will far outweigh the risk. 

Strong alone, stronger together. 

Message 3 of 27 (847 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah guys. Give them another 7 years. *Sarcasm*

Message 4 of 27 (832 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hate to say it, but I think that angry posts from players (and, let's be honest, non-players), are part of the process now unfortunately.

And of course, some of them are justified. I had a whole bunch of problems during the day after the patch. Two PS4 crashes. Very frustrating. Then it was absolutely fine the day after. But I've played loads of games that have crashed my PS4 at some point. Doesn't mean I'm going to stop playing them.

The funny thing is that amidst all of the vitriol I still keep seeing one particular sentiment in various forms: 'the game itself is fun.'

Heh.

Message 5 of 27 (818 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Nope. They knew what they did.

Considering they won’t offer refunds, I’m compelled to keep reminding them how upset I am. If they want to silence me they can provide a refund for their game that crashes my PS4 Pro twice.
Message 6 of 27 (811 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Bioware and EA need to be held accountable for selling a incomplete game. I enjoy playing Anthem and hope the game becomes more stable as the next few months come. But If i pulled this sort of thing on the jobsite my company would be sued and the better buisness bureau would pobably become involved lol. They should be ragged on for this. Its thier job to deliver the completed Anthem by the release date and they didnt. Deadlines are a must for companies and when we dont make the deadline all involved need to be held accountable.

Message 7 of 27 (787 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Sometimes anger is a necessary component of correction.  If people feel lied to, cheated, and ignored they absolutly should let it be known that they are angry.  Now, they should still try to be civil about it of course.  As for the developers, who posted misleading videos and streams and tweets and press releases all the way up to the release of this game... well, sometimes it's necessary to eat crow.

Message 8 of 27 (783 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The cursing and blatant disrespect towards the devs is mind boggling.  Insulting and screaming never solves anything. I’m disappointed things aren’t working properly, but only by communicating these issues in a rational manner can they get them fixed for us. 

Message 9 of 27 (735 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

@smallblockfuelie wrote:

The cursing and blatant disrespect towards the devs is mind boggling.  Insulting and screaming never solves anything. I’m disappointed things aren’t working properly, but only by communicating these issues in a rational manner can they get them fixed for us. 

Maybe if they hadn't lied and misled us they'd be worth respecting?

I've never insulted a dev, so I'm not saying that's okay, but they were disrespectful to us first when you think about it.

I certainly haven't stolen their money for a product that wasn't ready for release Standard smile

Message 10 of 27 (727 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help