Re: Playing with friends. Terrible idea.

by Vladplaya

Original Post

Playing with friends. Terrible idea.

★★★★★ Apprentice

So I play with the same group of 2-3 people night in and night out. In season 5 we noticed we started to have a different experience than normal when playing together compared to playing separately.  This was noticed toward the latter end of season 5 and then went completely ape sh*t at the beginning of season 6 even through tonight. 

When playing with my friends we were paired up against the sweatiest frag frenzied butt f*cks I've ever had the displeasure of playing against. We are routinely trounced with very little ability to retaliate, retreat, or recover. This has made the game very infuriating and in all honesty, PUNISHING for trying to enjoy a competitive game with friends. 

The same thing was happening tonight for the umpteenth night in a row. I was getting ready to retire when my friend said he needed to go for a bit but he might be back on later. 

I decided I'd do one more game on my own because I hate going to bed after feeling sh*t on by this game i used to love so much for two hours straight; hoping against hope i could have one good game to feel comforted by before turning in. 

But to my surprise, befuddlement, and even outrage I won. Not only did I win, I ended with 11 kills and 1800 damage. Not only did I do this but I did it entirely on my own because my teammates die-quit instantly. Not only did I do all of this but I did it all entirely in and around capital city. 

WHAT THE ACTUAL F*CK RESPAWN!?

So in order for me to win and do well I have to play without friends. This is not a fluke. This has happened a handful of times (although not to this extent) after ending  a session with friends. Then of course my friend got back right after I won and we played one more match and got steamrolled. 

Yes its anecdotal but I swear this is built into the game. F*ck SBMM if it punishes people for trying to play together. I'm done paying Respawn for anything until they fix the fundamentals of their game. Namely;

1. SBMM 

2. Tick rate 

3. Netcode

Seriously. 

Message 1 of 29 (2,226 Views)

★★ Pro
@TheTrafficKing Premades will be put with other premades
Message 2 of 29 (2,208 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@DaleWWilson95   Theres seemingly no balancing in these premade lobbies though, so if you're a not a team of top tier players you get stomped lol

Kinda thought crossplay would negate this on console but nope lol, ah well nevermind.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 29 (2,195 Views)

I agree, I have had similar experiences. I probably only win about 2-3% of the time when playing with 1 or 2 friends. When playing solo, I win probably about 6-8% of the time. I always have way better numbers playing solo as well (damage, kills etc). All of my 2k+ games are when I play solo. 

Message 4 of 29 (2,161 Views)

★★ Pro
@aisthebestletter means your friends suck Wink
Message 5 of 29 (2,159 Views)

@matzesingt Hahahaha. 🤣
Message 6 of 29 (2,157 Views)

★★ Pro
@MandatoryIDtag Theres no balance at all now from MM loot to legends xD
Message 7 of 29 (2,124 Views)

Champion
@aisthebestletter I win way more with friends than without. Currently on 11.5% overall this season. I'd guess eith friends its like 15% for me. We get nasty predator teams in our lobbies and shouldn't as none of us are at that level. We just don't drop with them. Most die off as they hot drop but we keep an eye on who is champion and kill leader as the game goes on. We make sure to fight from good position. Many times we get rolled over but if sbmm didn't exist it would be even worse.
Message 8 of 29 (2,120 Views)

Hero

Y'all are lucky then cause even if i solo que im put in same lobbies with those i play against teamed up. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 29 (2,117 Views)

★★★ Guide

This been the problem with this game since the day one. The Apex dilemma:

1) If you play with friends, the game just assume that you all are sweaty no lifers, and matches you with premade squads of those types of players. So you just get steamrolled over and over again until you just get frustrated as hell and go play something else where you can actually have good times.

2) Because of the reason above, you decide not to play with friends, so you queue solo and have to endure playing with randoms who don't give a flying * about anything. That is also cancer of an experience, so you just go play something else.

The worst part is that you basically can't bring me friends to this game, because if you queue with them, the game will make sure that new person is going to have absolutely awful experience, and probably will never touch this game again. This happened to few of my friends in the past and there is nothing I can do to convince them to give this game another shot. They see it as full of sweaty tryhards and they can't even imagery how much time and practice it takes to build up skill to do even remotely good. They don't believe it's worth the time for the fun you can get out of this game. They are not wrong, and it looks sucks.

Message 10 of 29 (2,101 Views)