Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Playing Destiny after playing Anthem pisses me off.

by bulletw1st

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Playing Destiny after playing Anthem pisses me off.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

After the VIP demo finished I tried to play so many other games, not D2 because I gave up on that several months ago, and I just couldn't get in to them, they felt lacklustre and inadequate. I think I'm going through withdrawals, I need another fix and I don't know if I can make it till next weekend for the open demo and after that how will I cope until the 22nd, can we please put some kind of support group together, "hi, I'm Haru and I'm an Anthem addict". I just had a taste man, just a little taste and I'm hooked, I need some of that sweet, sweet Anthem.

Message 11 of 64 (536 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

So first.. I loved Destiny, it was my go to game for such a long time.. Destiny 2 pretty much killed that for me.  I didnt touch the game all weekend and when Anthem's demo ended.. I reluctantly went back just to play something... so I played a few strikes.  Third strike in I end up with a firetem of two, and I thought everything was going fine.. I die in the boss room and both of them start the revive, stop and then t-bag me and dont get the revive... That game is hot toxic garbage and I cringe at playing it anymore.. It just makes me frustrated and it isnt any fun.. I cant wait for Anthem to come out.. I know there will likely be people like that, but I hope they are very few and far between.. all the decent players have left D2.

Message 12 of 64 (525 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Haven't touched that "D-Game" in close to 5-6 months...and when I did it was for one Saturday to at least said I tried. I came away from it 3hrs later feeling like I took 2-4 steps Backwards instead of forward. Unless you play PvP...depending on what bungie nerfs...and get in a RAID Group that won't kick you if you're 3-4 levels lower than them...you're not going anywhere. nearly 70% of that game feels useless...And for the life of me I cannot imagine playing some RAID for 2-4 hrs over and over for a "Chance" at a item you're missing to complete a set that will be obsolete in a few weeks....No Thanks...I'm A Javelin and darn proud of it....

Message 13 of 64 (514 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
I will most likely always be a Destiny player, I even played on PS4 and Xbox One, but after playing the Anthem demo, I uninstalled D2 from my Xbox One. That account only had about 200 hours on it, and not a lot of fancy gear. I won't have time to play the same game twice anymore.
Message 14 of 64 (511 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
I feel the same way bro.....
Message 15 of 64 (502 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

The only I can’t fathom about this post is why you are still playing Destiny, over the past four years Bungie has done nothing but prove themselves to be liars and incompetent. I really wanted to like Destiny, but two weeks of their same * with forsaken and I was done. I really hope BioWare and EA are taking cues from them for what not to do.

Message 16 of 64 (488 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide
Dude, I feel the exact same way. Today has been a morose affair without Anthem to look forward to. I’ve been wanting to play more all day long.
Message 17 of 64 (485 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I played the first destiny, the original with the 10 year plan. They came out with the final dlc and then announced destiny 2. I didn't even like destiny but I cared for bungie.

Message 18 of 64 (474 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

I like Destiny but hate the current meta. So many one hit kills. Rise of Iron was probably my favorite period of the game. D2's TTK was super long when it came out, which made it all team shooting. Players asked for lower TTK so Bungie brought back Shotguns (seriously, nothing was learned from D1?), and is just adding 1 hit kills all over the place.

I've never enjoyed Destiny PvE, shooting at bullet sponges occasionally tossing a grenade or super out isn't fun. Anthem PvE is freaking fun. Hovering around a battlefield raining down frozen death and lightning, teleport dodging and sprinkling in gun fire is a lot more fun.

Message 19 of 64 (468 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

@swampDAHskunkape wrote:

The only thing I can’t fathom about this post is why you are still playing Destiny, over the past four years Bungie has done nothing but prove themselves to be liars and incompetent. I really wanted to like Destiny, but two weeks of their same * with forsaken and I was done. I really hope BioWare and EA are taking cues from them for what not to do.

It's just being so invested in a game for so long; moreover, it's the hope things will change; moreover than even that it's because nothing better (to my mind) was available... UNTIL NOW!!!!  AM I RIGHT!?!?!?!? OR AM I RIGHT??  RIGHT?  (quoting Cayde-6  *RIP*)

Message 20 of 64 (457 Views)
Twitter Stream