Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Playing Destiny after playing Anthem pisses me off.

by Fumanchu_Fow

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Playing Destiny after playing Anthem pisses me off.

★★★★★ Guide

To recognize the potential of Anthem, a game which hasn't even been officially released yet--and to then spend time in Destiny realizing how long that game has been reinvented over-and-over-and-over by the developer and it just plain sucks.  After playing Anthem, Destiny feels slow and the super abilities are a joke.  It just makes me angry--pissed!--to be even in Destiny 2, playing that, now.  I JUST WANT ANTHEM BACK!  BRING BACK ANTHEM!

Message 1 of 64 (1,665 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

I hear you. After I got to participate in the closed Alpha for Anthem I un-installed Destiny and never looked back. 😂

View in thread

Message 2 of 64 (1,643 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

I hear you. After I got to participate in the closed Alpha for Anthem I un-installed Destiny and never looked back. 😂

Message 2 of 64 (1,644 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

You're confusing hype and potential with what has been actually implemented.

Message 3 of 64 (1,633 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide
God I love anthem
Message 4 of 64 (1,627 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Currently jumping into Destiny 2 after taking last week off to cleanse my palate for Anthem VIP weekend. Will report back here with results.

EDIT: Logged in, saw all of the Milestones for content I have been milestoning for months and logged out. What a nightmare.

Message 5 of 64 (1,597 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Well, that's exactly it.  I mean, I can come to love games like Destiny (and Anthem) but when developers hi-jack the game from players because the salespeople call all the shots, internally, it's upsetting.  I just want one game I can play that has some modicum/semblance of intelligence behind the design.  RNG ruins destiny and the gear is dull and the endgame is going around in circles, infinite loops until you go into a coma. 

I see Anthem not being that bad at all... in fact, I see Anthem taking a much higher road.  They may even innovate over time which would be crazy!!

Message 6 of 64 (1,572 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
First 2 words & last 3 were enough for me to agree. It's insane how much better this little slice of Anthem was compared to anything I did in destiny 2.
Message 7 of 64 (1,545 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Even Angry Joe did a review on the Anthem VIP demo and concluded it was fun despite all of the pain and issues that he, himself, also experienced.  That's saying a lot, actually, if you think about it.  The fact it caused him so much grief and he still ends up giving it a positive review and said that he enjoyed himself. 

ANGRY JOE ANTHEM - Angry Impressions [EA Demo]

Message 8 of 64 (1,534 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

Preach Brother! Bungie is hot garbage that relies on Fragile Basement Dwelling Streamers to handle their PR.

Much love for Bioware and EA.

Message 9 of 64 (1,515 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide
That was a fun watch. I hope they do that 10 year support. Imagining how expansive and huge the game world could eventually become would be amazing. It’s would make this a solid game to stay invested in. I absolutely love and it would love to stick around longer than a couple months
Message 10 of 64 (1,499 Views)
Twitter Stream