Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Playing Destiny after playing Anthem pisses me off.

by bulletw1st

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Playing Destiny after playing Anthem pisses me off.

★★★★ Guide

To recognize the potential of Anthem, a game which hasn't even been officially released yet--and to then spend time in Destiny realizing how long that game has been reinvented over-and-over-and-over by the developer and it just plain sucks.  After playing Anthem, Destiny feels slow and the super abilities are a joke.  It just makes me angry--pissed!--to be even in Destiny 2, playing that, now.  I JUST WANT ANTHEM BACK!  BRING BACK ANTHEM!

Message 1 of 64 (1,461 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Playing Destiny after playing Anthem pisses me off.

★★★ Guide

I hear you. After I got to participate in the closed Alpha for Anthem I un-installed Destiny and never looked back. 😂

View in thread

Message 2 of 64 (1,453 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

I hear you. After I got to participate in the closed Alpha for Anthem I un-installed Destiny and never looked back. 😂

Message 2 of 64 (1,454 Views)

★★ Apprentice

You're confusing hype and potential with what has been actually implemented.

Message 3 of 64 (1,443 Views)

★★★★ Guide
God I love anthem
Message 4 of 64 (1,437 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Currently jumping into Destiny 2 after taking last week off to cleanse my palate for Anthem VIP weekend. Will report back here with results.

EDIT: Logged in, saw all of the Milestones for content I have been milestoning for months and logged out. What a nightmare.

Message 5 of 64 (1,407 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Well, that's exactly it.  I mean, I can come to love games like Destiny (and Anthem) but when developers hi-jack the game from players because the salespeople call all the shots, internally, it's upsetting.  I just want one game I can play that has some modicum/semblance of intelligence behind the design.  RNG ruins destiny and the gear is dull and the endgame is going around in circles, infinite loops until you go into a coma. 

I see Anthem not being that bad at all... in fact, I see Anthem taking a much higher road.  They may even innovate over time which would be crazy!!

Message 6 of 64 (1,382 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
First 2 words & last 3 were enough for me to agree. It's insane how much better this little slice of Anthem was compared to anything I did in destiny 2.
Message 7 of 64 (1,355 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Even Angry Joe did a review on the Anthem VIP demo and concluded it was fun despite all of the pain and issues that he, himself, also experienced.  That's saying a lot, actually, if you think about it.  The fact it caused him so much grief and he still ends up giving it a positive review and said that he enjoyed himself. 

ANGRY JOE ANTHEM - Angry Impressions [EA Demo]

Message 8 of 64 (1,344 Views)

★★ Guide

Preach Brother! Bungie is hot garbage that relies on Fragile Basement Dwelling Streamers to handle their PR.

Much love for Bioware and EA.

Message 9 of 64 (1,325 Views)

★★★★ Guide
That was a fun watch. I hope they do that 10 year support. Imagining how expansive and huge the game world could eventually become would be amazing. It’s would make this a solid game to stay invested in. I absolutely love and it would love to stick around longer than a couple months
Message 10 of 64 (1,309 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help