Players with TTV in their gamertag

by aisthebestletter

Original Post

Re: Players with TTV in their gamertag

★★★ Newbie
@aisthebestletter i still cant get it, what is ttv exactly? thanks.
Message 21 of 47 (1,179 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@4125252pizza TTV stands for 'this (when its next to an individual's name meaning to indicate him/her)/that/them/those terrible vermin' in most cases since they're mostly awful. In good cases its 'that terrific victorer' and commonly its known as Twitch TV
Message 22 of 47 (1,152 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Comixfan  Arc stars at teammates is a perfectly viable tactic i'll have you know!

I'm not sure why you would consider it toxic when it has no negative effect on the teammate. XD

Back to the TTV players though. You gotta remember not all of them are streaming apex, they'll be streaming other games they play and maybe just jumping on apex for fun.

There is certainly a number of people outright faking though....you can tell by the utter lack of FPS skill lol.  Admittedly things like apex movement/positioning etc isn't a transferable skill but things like reflexes and aim are.

Also what's up with the sudden re-emergence of FaZe? I thought they died out years ago lol.

Seen loads of them recently.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 23 of 47 (1,137 Views)

Champion

@MandatoryIDtag I didn't even realise you could arc star teammates xD Does it still send them flying? More of an annoyance than being toxic I suppose but why not be annoying to toxic teammates. I watch till they're spectating me and shake my legends head at them. I'm not mad I'm just disappointed before jibbing off to heal/ get ammo or reposition.

I've seen a lot of FaZe recently as well tbf. Well that and NRG or Aceus.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 24 of 47 (1,101 Views)

Champion

@GH0STEDbyME  it just sticks them. If you do it while your team rambo charges through a doorway they literally feed the arc star to the enemy lol. Tongue out

Message 25 of 47 (1,069 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@MandatoryIDtag Hold up. The 'stick teammate with arc star' doesn't work anymore. It just bounces off them.
Message 26 of 47 (1,057 Views)

Champion

@BaldWraithSimp  say what????.....when did they change that lmao?

I generally don't pick up grenades as I'm running a level 1 backpack for 90% of the game these days. XD

Message 27 of 47 (1,040 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@MandatoryIDtag I don't remember the exact date but prolly somewhere around January or February. That's why you never see it anymore in Apex competitive xD
Message 28 of 47 (1,001 Views)

Just had another squad mate yesterday with "TTV" in their name. Sure enough, they dropped solo and died within 30 seconds. They were not far away so i told them to not leave as i was coming, they left.... seriously Disappointed

Message 29 of 47 (946 Views)

★★ Expert

@aisthebestletter I had a TTV player on my team back I believe in Season 3? Got him to rage quit, and here's how I did it. 

We drop Sorting Factory, by their choice. I call a spot early, a usually uncontested one (the building just to the left of the central crane, right next to that weird curved area with all the supply boxes), while this dude picks a different spot. For some reason, they don't land in the spot that they picked, they land where I land. While I'm punching an enemy away, they run through the building and grab literally everything, I'm left with a P2020 and 40 bullets from the ONE supply box I got. 

Of course, I'm pissed, I call them out. I don't have a real weapon or armor, and at this point I'm feeling petty, not constructive. I ask for a weapon at the very least, and they drop me an empty RE-45. They then inform they have no light ammo, only heavy, but no heavy weapon. I go, "Oh hey, I have light ammo, let me give you some." But NOT before picking up the empty RE-45. I then proceed to shoot my entire supply of light ammo directly into their face. They watch me do it too, and after I run out of ammo, I drop them the RE-45 and say, "Here you go. You're gonna need it Mr. Predator." 

At this point the people who had dropped onto the Sorting Factory train station had finished their fight and moved to the central crane. I ran off to loot that curved area which was miraculously unlooted. A fight breaks out between an enemy squad and the TTV guy, with me and my other teammate joining late. I literally just watch the TTV guy fight someone, I make no motion to help them, in fact to add insult to injury, I shoot PAST the enemy TTV person is meleeing to focus fire the enemy my other teammate is shooting at. TTV dude goes down, and I see his downed figure turn to look to where I'm at. I'm only a little a ways behind him, close enough to save him from being thirsted, but not quite feeling so benevolent. I let them die, on purpose might I add if that wasn't clear already. They spectate me to see if I win the fight, which I do easily. I grab their banner and...! Proceed to loot. Cause again. I'm feeling spiteful and petty. They leave after I make it clear with my inaction I'm not respawning them. 

We won that game. I think we had 15 total kills and about 2.2k damage each. TTV guy? 170 damage total. Before anyone tries to start calling me a donkey or whatever, the Golden Rule is always in effect IMO. You treat others like how you want to be treated, and what goes around comes around. 

Message 30 of 47 (920 Views)