Players that think ranked is duos

by TomBrier

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Players that think ranked is duos

★ Novice

Ok, so a normal ranked match, nothing unusual, another small twitch streamer in team, so, I am the jump master, I ping a place, no one pings any other place so I jump. Turns out they both went solo and in the middle of my flight pinged a landing location and went there. I barely survived the way of 1 km to them, not to mention that they acted like nothing happened and I don’t exist. And it’s something similar every 2-5 matches. Maybe implement ranked duos? Because this is annoying as *

Message 1 of 5 (507 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Players that think ranked is duos

★★★★★ Apprentice

Players like that should be banned from ranked.

It's even worse on consoles because there's no in-game reporting system (the Report Player option takes you to the Xbox reporting system which, as any Xbox gamer knows, is completely useless) so players think they can get away with doing whatever they want.

I recently had a jumpmaster fly the squad straight into the big red beam on World's Edge. Luckily I realised what they were doing just before the squad hit it. He and his friend died so I was left solo in Harvester in a ranked match.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (369 Views)

All Replies

@TomBrier It happens, I rarely break off from the team. But if we are going to be late I'm going to go some place else. I try and land close and ping the area I redirect to.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 5 (489 Views)

Champion

Yeaah duo ranked would be lovely.

Tired of bailing out rando's because they think they're a one man army.

Sucks for you guys that get the obnoxious duo's as well.

I'm sure the official line regarding this would be something along the lines of;

"Our data shows that ranked duo's would be unhealthy for matchmaking"

...or something to that extent anyway.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 5 (420 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Players like that should be banned from ranked.

It's even worse on consoles because there's no in-game reporting system (the Report Player option takes you to the Xbox reporting system which, as any Xbox gamer knows, is completely useless) so players think they can get away with doing whatever they want.

I recently had a jumpmaster fly the squad straight into the big red beam on World's Edge. Luckily I realised what they were doing just before the squad hit it. He and his friend died so I was left solo in Harvester in a ranked match.

Message 4 of 5 (370 Views)

★★ Guide

Well, I just did that Teeth bared, but it was because I was focused on landing on the train which someone else had pinged

Message 5 of 5 (359 Views)