Play my BF games on MAC.

by RlevelD

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Play my BF games on MAC.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Dear all,

I just had a chat with the online help and they suggest I should post my question here, therefore this request.

I have currently an Origin account ([edit: email address removed]) with some games, mostly Battlefield ones.

I have this for several years now and wanted to do some play again.

The account/games are all on Windows platform since I always had windows desktops. Short time ago I moved to the MAC, downloaded the Origin program and logged in with my account as mentioned before. But there all games say "Only available on Windows".

Can understand there where all windows purchases but is there a way I can play those on my new MAC?

The chat helpdesk suggested you may be able to solve this issue for me therefore this request.

I hope you can do something for me.

Best regards & many thanks on forehand.

Ronald [Full name removed - Admin. Please do not post personal information on a public forum]

Message 1 of 4 (348 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Play my BF games on MAC.

Champion (Retired)

Hello @RlevelD,

fistly, please dont post any personal info inhere. But now to your problem. It is actually officially possible to run windows besides OSX on your MAC with help of bootcamp.The problem is, that, since its running on "Mac Hardware", windows may not run as good as on "Windows Hardware" also, drivers are a bit of an issue here. Im gonna leave a tutorial here showing how to set it up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPNqQw80_iA . but please do note that it is likely that it wont run as good as on a native windows machine.

Greetings,

Babyhuehnchen

(I do NOT work for EA)

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (353 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Hello @RlevelD,

fistly, please dont post any personal info inhere. But now to your problem. It is actually officially possible to run windows besides OSX on your MAC with help of bootcamp.The problem is, that, since its running on "Mac Hardware", windows may not run as good as on "Windows Hardware" also, drivers are a bit of an issue here. Im gonna leave a tutorial here showing how to set it up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPNqQw80_iA . but please do note that it is likely that it wont run as good as on a native windows machine.

Greetings,

Babyhuehnchen

(I do NOT work for EA)

Message 2 of 4 (354 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for your reply & answer Babyhuehnchen.

I was mentioning my details because the helpdesk said it will be answered by developers so I assume it would stay within EA.

Regarding the game, it's a pity there is no out the box solution for it and think I need to get use to the idea this battles was lost. Too much for me to get into that path.

Again, many thanks and game on you all!

RlevelD.

Message 3 of 4 (320 Views)

Community Manager

@RlevelDThanks for the post.  Sorry if you were given any misleading info. While we do have some devs and QA who view things and gather info, there's no guarantee of a response and they would focus on games in development.

For old games that are out of development, the only option would be to use Boot Camp to run your mac as a Windows machine, as in @Babyhuehnchen's link. if you have the hardware for it you might want to check it out .

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 4 (310 Views)