Play first unavailable for pre-orders?

by IGRVKS

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Play first unavailable for pre-orders?

★★ Apprentice

Is it really true that if you pre-order and and pay for a deluxe edition of a game you are not allowed to take part in "play first" EA Access demo?

- I paid for NFS Payback Deluxe edition
- I just preloaded it
- I read online that Origin access members can have the play first for this game
- When I try to access it it doesn't allow me to

Are you being serious? Users who have not paid a dime get to try out the game early, earlier than those who have pre-ordered but users who have paid for the most expensive edition are not allowed to?

I would like to ask what exactly is the reasoning behind this? I know well it's just a few days and it won't ultimately matter but it's still a pretty interesting choice from a business standpoint.

Message 1 of 2 (194 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Play first unavailable for pre-orders?

@IGRVKS What Origin Access members have is a 10 hours limited trial. The game won't be added there for at least a year. 

As for the preloads...You get to play three days before the others people that bought the Standard Edition. Full, unlimited access. Which means, depending on the region, the game will unlock today or tomorrow, if you are a Deluxe owner. 

The anger is unjustified, as you will have complete access to the game, while the Origin Access users will have either to buy the game or wait a year for it to be available on the Access. 

As for reasoning, it's pure marketing. If an Origin Access member tries the game and decides that he doesn't want to wait a year, that's more money for EA. Also, the Origin Access members will get the Standard Edition at first (next year) and later on they will be upgraded to the Deluxe.

You, as a Deluxe owner get:

1. Three days earlier unlimited access to the game (not 10 hours and have to wait a year afterwards)

2. Exclusive customization

3. Story pack

4. Bonus rep and discount

https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-payback/deluxe-edition

Standard owners and Origin Access members won't have access to those, unless they decide to upgrade/buy. 

As for users that did not paid a dime..those people pay a recurring subscription. While you might buy a game from EA now and then, they have a long-standing subscription. And yet, they get only to TRY the game for 10 (TEN) hours, while you, as a Deluxe owner, get full access to it three days before launch. 

Origin Access always have pre-launch trials, but that doesn't mean that the games will be added there right way.

https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/origin-access/vault-games

As you can see, quite a few games missing and enogh of them not being Deluxe, Ultimate, GOTY editions. A wee bit of documentation goes far. Internet is always ready to form a lynching mob without enough information. All those informations are available on the EA site, but there are not many ready to check them, as EA hating is trendy and cool...

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (217 Views)

All Replies

Re: Play first unavailable for pre-orders?

@IGRVKS What Origin Access members have is a 10 hours limited trial. The game won't be added there for at least a year. 

As for the preloads...You get to play three days before the others people that bought the Standard Edition. Full, unlimited access. Which means, depending on the region, the game will unlock today or tomorrow, if you are a Deluxe owner. 

The anger is unjustified, as you will have complete access to the game, while the Origin Access users will have either to buy the game or wait a year for it to be available on the Access. 

As for reasoning, it's pure marketing. If an Origin Access member tries the game and decides that he doesn't want to wait a year, that's more money for EA. Also, the Origin Access members will get the Standard Edition at first (next year) and later on they will be upgraded to the Deluxe.

You, as a Deluxe owner get:

1. Three days earlier unlimited access to the game (not 10 hours and have to wait a year afterwards)

2. Exclusive customization

3. Story pack

4. Bonus rep and discount

https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-payback/deluxe-edition

Standard owners and Origin Access members won't have access to those, unless they decide to upgrade/buy. 

As for users that did not paid a dime..those people pay a recurring subscription. While you might buy a game from EA now and then, they have a long-standing subscription. And yet, they get only to TRY the game for 10 (TEN) hours, while you, as a Deluxe owner, get full access to it three days before launch. 

Origin Access always have pre-launch trials, but that doesn't mean that the games will be added there right way.

https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/origin-access/vault-games

As you can see, quite a few games missing and enogh of them not being Deluxe, Ultimate, GOTY editions. A wee bit of documentation goes far. Internet is always ready to form a lynching mob without enough information. All those informations are available on the EA site, but there are not many ready to check them, as EA hating is trendy and cool...

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 2 (218 Views)