Platoon-support on BF2042

by DeeCay_DK_81

Original Post

Platoon-support on BF2042

★★ Guide

Has there at any point been mentioned anything about Platoons in BF2042?

Are we getting clantags as we are used to? 

Are we getting "clubs" similar to in APEX or the basic-platoon setup as in BF1?

What about an emblem-editor?

Message 1 of 17 (1,489 Views)

Re: Platoon-support on BF2042

★★★★ Guide

I may also add:

Can we get a feature that a Platoon "General" is able to set ON/OFF a function that Platoon Members are able to stack up together if they joins Platoon members so they can play together on the same site of the team?

I know loners will be against such a feature but Battlefield is a "TEAM based tactical arcade like multiplayer shooter with a battlefield themed sandbox envoirement with a Platoon feature" so there are many Reasons for Teamplay while other Clans probably wants to play against each other on their own Platoon for training or fun or whatever reason.

Message 2 of 17 (1,471 Views)

★ Pro
@CloudMcRip That has got to be dumbest idea DICE could bring in. 64 clan players on the 3rd party comms running rough shot over 1 players and 63 bots.

You are so quick to throw the word 'team' about when it comes to fun for you.

Yet have not suggested anything real tea team play other then needing every advantage you can get to win.

Message 3 of 17 (1,439 Views)

★ Pro
@DeeCay_DK_81 there will most likely not be a editor due to naughty people.
Message 4 of 17 (1,438 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey everyone,  this is a friendly reminder to respect each other opinions on the forums and keep to the rules. 

Thank you. Standard smile 

/Atic  

Message 5 of 17 (1,409 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@DeeCay_DK_81 wrote:

Has there at any point been mentioned anything about Platoons in BF2042?

Are we getting clantags as we are used to? 

Are we getting "clubs" similar to in APEX or the basic-platoon setup as in BF1?

What about an emblem-editor?

No mentioning at all so far about clans/platoons in BF2042.

With regards to your soldier emblem (clan tags...?), then I think that EA will probably stay away from that mess this time around, as many immature players did not understand the simple code of conduct for normal decent respectful behavior.  So we can expect that EA instead will offer us a predefined collection of emblems that you can choose among to equipment your soldier with.

So far, there have been no mentioning either of anything like a Battlelog interface.  So without that, don't see yet any methodology/platform on which we could edit/coordinate player groups or outright any editor for clan affiliations... 

Message 6 of 17 (1,395 Views)

★ Pro

I am expecting the same thing that this series has always provided for platoons.  Which is unfortunately nothing more than tags and emblems. 

The developers can't keep telling us that cummunity focus is the way for 2042 while they continue to ignore platoons which have needed an upgrade for several games now.

I didn't ask for the Portal, but I sure have been demanding stronger platoon support for years and not seeing any.  

Message 7 of 17 (1,382 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

It would be great if you could see the score on each server without logging on to it.

Then the one-sided platoon-stacked servers could be easily avoided.

Message 8 of 17 (1,371 Views)

★★★ Guide

Does it really matter ? They wrote we cant have our own admined servers so bye bye 2042.

Message 9 of 17 (1,366 Views)

@VOLBANKER_PC 

They don't want this info showing up because it would deter players from manually filling up the servers. I have played BF for years/thousands of hours and have very rarely come across a true platoon stack - With the new Portal system, platoons/cleans, seeping into casual servers should be non-existant

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 10 of 17 (1,351 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help