Re: Platinum Fraudsters

by Aw3somePlayeR

Original Post

Highlighted

★ Apprentice

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

Don't you just LOVE the TEAM aspect of this game as much as i do?

Somewhere at Respawn headquarters: "Ah the game is working as intended"

Lmao

Message 11 of 25 (523 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Not dumb at all Subtle, there is disparity between Platinum and the ability of the person.

A high ranked Platinum member shouldn't have poor judgement, low skills and low kills. They (just like many others) have hid, played safe and stolen ranking points.

Platinum is a higher rank you should see regular people will experience and atleast many hundreds of kills. Having no wins and 20 kills is absolutely comedic. 

Message 12 of 25 (523 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

Just had a lvl 47 bronze in a plat lobby, who stood a few yards from me (I was knocked) using shields inside a building.

Nobody is pushing us and he just runs back out again to engage in a super long range battle, the Pathfinder in my team was equally braindead.

They let me bleed out and box despite repeatedly pinging "need help" and after that I was treated to the pleasure of watching these 2 morons push up the team they were long ranging and died.

There goes another 3RP.

[Edit]

Forgot to add that I rezzed both of them back up several times at that point, and respawned one of them (the lvl 47 trashcan).

That's just depressing and i see it a lot of the time in random squads.

People think they're shroud and can just solo whole squads then complain and ping endlessly when they're dropped / mobbed. It's easier to do this in non ranked as people are less disciplined with "balling up" and realise they're losing points if the team goes down. I take it you asked for help on the mic or chat and they ignore you? If you spec them when you die you'll notice they can't even aim, literally 90% of shots miss......

I had one guy today, he pinged for back up, i came (no armour) and got a few good hits in, then he took me down and the noob caustic despite me frantically pinging just threw gas cans when the enemy was TWO FEET behind him shooting me dead.  He then subsequently was shot gunned in the back.....absolutely astonishing. I can only assume their 10 year old kids which is why the ranking needs to be done on age too imo. I'm 34 so i don't want to match with kids anyway!

If you have played PUBG too you'll know the chinese squads are basically "dog eat dog" and russians will literally kill you for the sniper you just took from a job. There's many cultural and age reasons why these restrictions should be applied. I have found players from the east to be absolutely terrible Apex players and absolutely zero concept of team work. I'm not having a go at them it just shows the culturall differences and mindsets of people who play these games.

You only have to be an average player with a brilliant understanding of team work to win a lot of games.

Message 13 of 25 (516 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Three more examples there.

Two fake platinum members. One pings labs then runs in the OPPOSITE direction leaving 2 isolated and we both die. He then checks it out and runs leaving the tags.

This game is completely messed up. It rewards careful, cautious and skill deficient gamers. 

Message 14 of 25 (505 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@jumanjaydazed  Bwahahahaha!

Message 15 of 25 (495 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Aw3somePlayeR wrote:

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

Somewhere at Respawn headquarters: "Ah the game is working as intended"

Lmao

Lmao, I caught one in the wild today, check it out.

The context is pleb picks gibby, drops Artilery, immediately exits out the east tunnel into cascades while mirage and me die fighting a gazillion squads in Artilery, it was a pretty hot drop.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FGXccYy7gyk

Message 16 of 25 (474 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@addz-120 wrote:

I have found players from the east to be absolutely terrible Apex players and absolutely zero concept of team work. I'm not having a go at them it just shows the culturall differences and mindsets of people who play these games.

You only have to be an average player with a brilliant understanding of team work to win a lot of games.

lol, this is full of assumption. I don't know what made you think that way but it's not true at all.

And I'd like to use facts to prove my point.

Since you talked about PUBG, the last PGI 2018 winners are China and Korea team respectively. In the top 10, there are 3 Asia teams + 2 Russia teams in FPP ( well, I thought teams from the West should dominated because FPP game mode is much more popular in US and Europe countries but I was wrong). For TPP,  4 Asian + 1 Russian in the top 10.

Another example is Overwatch, the game focus heavily on teamwork. Blizzard organized Overwatch worldcup 2 times, and the cup never left Asia, Korea to be exact.

So why? lolz

Message 17 of 25 (401 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

If you hotdrop in ranked, I would kindly ask you to change your course (if we see 3 enemy squads landing there and not change the course - landing with them on purpose is just stupid) and if you don't I'd more often than not leave you (depends on how much I value my points and how suicidal I'm feeling that game). I'd then lurk around seeing if I can sneak in to get the banners and then bring you to the other side of the map where you can't find enemies so easily XD.

But looking at your gibby guy, he has no idea how to survive: "hiding" in view of half the map, just waiting to be kraber'ed, not hearing approaching enemies at all, running in straight line, not sliding for extra speed, going completely the wrong way (going straight into enemy's line of sight instead of putting rocks behind him to block sightlines...; so might as well have died with you XD. On the other hand, you can only get better at hiding by practicing it, but it's a wonder one may still be that bad after hiding all the way to plat. My guess though would be that he doesn't do that often.

P.S. I do agree that ppl who stealthily leave you without even a peep or at least "Im going over there ping" can be frustrating, since you may notice they changed their mind when it's already too late to go with them. Pings are so incredibly easy to use in this game and there are only 2 pings while flying... might as well use them sometimes...

P.P.S. What's wrong with picking gibby? I like gibby XD Although I would never ever pick him for sneaking or hiding. Slow, fat, highly visible (especially when one forgets to turn off the gunshield) - kind of the opposite of what I would want for hiding. He's great in teamfights and fighting at uneven odds (2x3, 1x2), especially when the dome shield can split and isolate enemies.

Message 18 of 25 (378 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@d3adc3II wrote:

@addz-120 wrote:

I have found players from the east to be absolutely terrible Apex players and absolutely zero concept of team work. I'm not having a go at them it just shows the culturall differences and mindsets of people who play these games.

lol, this is full of assumption. I don't know what made you think that way but it's not true at all.

Since you talked about PUBG, the last PGI 2018 winners are China and Korea team respectively. In the top 10, there are 3 Asia teams + 2 Russia teams in FPP ( well, I thought teams from the West should dominated because FPP game mode is much more popular in US and Europe countries but I was wrong). For TPP,  4 Asian + 1 Russian in the top 10.

Another example is Overwatch, the game focus heavily on teamwork. Blizzard organized Overwatch worldcup 2 times, and the cup never left Asia, Korea to be exact.

So why? lolz

Nope I don't accept that at all, I have played 1,300 random matches apex games, players from the east NEVER work together and strive only to fulfil their needs.

EU/US players tend to understand teamwork a lot better. Unless you've played as many random games as me that's nonsense, i only played years in PUBG and the chinese players do exact the same, hence the numerous threads on the steam forums about them over the years and the "ban china" posts which the creator of the game had to come out and discuss.

Dude...the US population is about 260M, the chinese population is 1.2 BILLION, it;s a statistical certainty (just with things like the olympics) that china will still do well, but on the whole the concept of teamwork is poor and if you know anything about chinese culture (i went to a school of Chinese) cheating is normal and seen as a means of victory and self preservation is everything.

Message 19 of 25 (352 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@addz-120 wrote:

@d3adc3II wrote:

@addz-120 wrote:

So why? lolz

Nope I don't accept that at all, I have played 1,300 random matches apex games, players from the east NEVER work together and strive only to fulfil their needs.

EU/US players tend to understand teamwork a lot better. Unless you've played as many random games as me that's nonsense, i only played years in PUBG and the chinese players do exact the same, hence the numerous threads on the steam forums about them over the years and the "ban china" posts which the creator of the game had to come out and discuss.

Dude...the US population is about 260M, the chinese population is 1.2 BILLION, it;s a statistical certainty (just with things like the olympics) that china will still do well, but on the whole the concept of teamwork is poor and if you know anything about chinese culture (i went to a school of Chinese) cheating is normal and seen as a means of victory and self preservation is everything.

-  Random never works, especially in ranked, doesn't matter you random with West or East ppl. I probably have around 1000 hrs of playtime in Apex by now, another 2600 hrs in PUBG and I've never had teamwork issue before. It's simply because I dont play with randoms. Forming premade squad in Discord gives you totally different experience. Premade with randoms in Discord improve the game experience by miles. That's why Discord is the best thing after Steam for PC gaming history imo.

-  Numerous threads on the steam forums about them over the years and the "ban china" posts  -> " Ban china" is a thing because of cheating issue, not because of teamwork.

- the US population is about 260M, the chinese population is 1.2 BILLION, it;s a statistical certainty -> Population does not mean much when it comes to sport/esport. Korea population is 51M  and they are doing well. And if you watch football, you probably know the population does not mean quality. 

- I base in Singapore, know a thing or two about Chinese cheating culture, so I'd like to clarify what you mean by "players from the East?" 

If you are referring to Chinese players, I have no interest in justifying what you said. If you refer to Asia as a whole, I need to justify your assumption, simply just because I'm Asian too Standard smile

And if you're interested in finding players in Discord, you can join Battle Royale Singapore Discord, just google for it, posting discord link isn't allowed here i think.

Message 20 of 25 (341 Views)