Plants vs Zombies REPAIRVILLE

by Shadowphinx101

Original Post

Plants vs Zombies REPAIRVILLE

★★ Expert

So I am making this post, and I am really excited to share this. A few days ago, a user on the pvz reddit shared a post which has had MASSIVE SUPPORT so I thought I would inform more of the community. Here is the link: https://www.reddit.com/r/PvZGardenWarfare/comments/gru9zl/can_we_get_this_please/

Basically it's an idea called 'Repairville' where it is designed to focus on bugs and core balancing on characters. The idea is to deplete the amount of content BFN is receiving for ONE MONTH, in order for the pvz devs to focus PRIMARILY on bug fixes and balancing. If u want to check it out pls do, we need them to listen to this.

I think this is probably one of the best ideas for bfn in a long time. Firstly, because with each of these patches they are useless. Whilst some bugs are fixed (some are claimed to but aren't even) some more bugs appear, and whilst some characters become balanced (soldier), some become nerfed to the point where they are unviable (imp) and some are stupidly buffed (chomper). And I feel like with every patch bfn stays in the same position. Ideally with a patch in a game, it should develop and move on, but with these patches some things are fixed and some new problems are created. ANd I think its because the devs sometimes focus too much on skins and content, rather than PROPER balancing and BUG FIXES. Now, content keeps the game alive. But, essentially what is happening, is we are getting layers and layers of content on a skeleton of a game that is a buggy mess with unfair balancing. This allows the dev to fix the core game itself, then it can start adding new things. I mean, this June prize map for example, will probably only be cosmetics so why can't this be a thing? I feel it would help the game significantly.

Also, with every patch the devs should create a list of balance notes in the first two weeks of each month, and then ask the community on discord, on these forums, on twitter and all other platforms for our advice. So then we can see these notes, put our opinions out before they go into the game. Also with each patch notes, I would like some dev notes where they explain why they did these certain things so we can understand and challenge them. I think this seems reasonable. And I understand during this time it can be hard, but even before the pandemic the devs still weren't this hands-on (apart from the first few weeks of founders) e.g. the 'ask-devs' channel on bfn discord is dead, we aren't being told anything.

I feel this needs to be addressed soon.

Message 1 of 155 (6,958 Views)

Re: Plants vs Zombies REPAIRVILLE

Champion

@Shadowphinx101  Couldn’t agree with you more - we really need a bug fix focused update! Large smile

Message 2 of 155 (6,907 Views)

★★ Guide

I agree, that would be really nice, although there is one issue that might arise due to the current covid situation.

Communication on the team is harder due to work from home and Nm said, that if repairville might not work if

done from home since it might mess up even more.

Buut if the lockdown there should be nothing that stands in the way of a update like this.

Till then ill continue to create some information and collect bugs and overall try to further promote this.

https://twitter.com/Booklordofthed1/status/1266456027697995776 here is the link to the post from NM

https://twitter.com/Booklordofthed1/status/1266456027697995776?s=20https://twitter.com/Booklordofthed1/status/1266456027697995776?s=20

https://twitter.com/Booklordofthed1/status/1266456027697995776?s=20

Message 3 of 155 (6,860 Views)

★ Guide

This should totally happen when everyone’s able go to their workplace. 

They keep making bad balancing changes because they WANT to change everything and everyone, even if things don’t need it. That’s a bad mentality that needs to change as soon as possible.

Message 4 of 155 (6,800 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I remember this exact same scenario was suggested for Marvel Avengers Alliance.  All the players were behind it and the outpouring of support was phenomenal.

Well, it never happened.  The devs didn't care.  All they wanted was our money. Their response was to put band-aids on open wounds.

Same thing is happening here and the game isn't even a year old yet.

Sorry to fling poo but I'm just being honest.

Message 5 of 155 (6,772 Views)

★★ Guide

R6 actually got a update like this before

Message 6 of 155 (6,769 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Shadowphinx101 We need an update focused only on bug fixes!
Message 7 of 155 (6,716 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Shadowphinx101 

Sure!, as long as the developers had stuff ready in advance, so we don't get bored.

Message 8 of 155 (6,679 Views)

★★ Guide
@Shadowphinx101 I think that the devs need to get a reliable source of talented PvZ players who know this game on a different level because some changes may be really good for a character, but it may appear like it is ruining the game. I don't know how they would do this, but they should look into this. Maybe giving people who consistently reach Rank M2-5 should be able to give an opinion or thought? I don't know, but it should be considered.
Message 9 of 155 (6,638 Views)

★★★ Guide
@SundropDot The placement matches aren't fixed. I won all 5 of my placement matches and still got placed in C-. It should've put me at around A+. I don't think rank matters right now. It's time played.
Message 10 of 155 (6,619 Views)