Re: Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville Requests and Suggestions

by benn1nat0r

Original Post

Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville Requests and Suggestions

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Taking a little inspiration from @Cabowse over on the Apex Legends forums, this is a collection of suggestions and requests the PvZ community wants to see in the game sometime in the future. If you want your ideas added, mention me with your idea and I'll add them as soon as I can.

Your suggestions can include Quality of Life improvement requests, character changes, mode changes: anything you want to see!

And if I see a nice idea elsewhere on the forums I'll add them as well.

Ideas with nobody mentioned are ones I've come up with.

QOL

Features

• Add weekly events where developers test balancing and ask players to conduct surveys about their experience (@benn1nat0r) (NEW)

(Characters

Peashooter

• Make the primary weapon automatic
  • Nerf primary weapon damage
  • Slightly reduce splash damage radius

Chomper

• Bring back the ability to be fully concealed if stationary while burrowing
  • Increase Burrow cooldown to 35 seconds
  • Grody Goop will not do damage if the damage will vanquish the zombie

Kernel Corn

• Increase radius and duration of Butter Beacon
  • Slightly reduce muzzle flash of the Shuck Shot

Night Cap

• Slightly increase Night Cap hitbox
  • Increase strength of Shadow Dome's effect on zombies
  • Increase cooldown of Shadow Dome by 5 seconds

Foot Soldier

• Make the Z-1 Assault Blaster less stuttery and more versatile (@MorbidBEARBOY)

Imp

• Increase hitbox slightly (NEW)
  • Allow Imp to take damage while summoning his mech (NEW)

Captain Deadbeard

• Make Barrel Blast very silent until just before it detonates were a plant can recognise it but a bit too late (NEW)
  • Give the Barrel 125 health so it can be used defensively (modified ideas by @MorbidBEARBOY(NEW)
  • Reduce detonation time (NEW)
  • Slightly increase the distance you can latch onto a surface with Anchor's Away (NEW)
  • Add a Legendary upgrade "One Shot" where a max level spyglass shot can one shot any plant at the cost of a longer charge up and larger muzzle flash when ADS (NEW)

All-Star

• Increase overheat recovery time
  • Slightly reduce amount of bullets that can be fired before overheating
  • Give the Dummy Shield the same health as a Citron shield
  • Give zombies the ability to revive an ally faster in the dome (shouldn't stack with Scientist revive)
  • Give dummy shields a small exterior radius: other dummy shields cannot be placed within this radius (to remove dummy stacking)

Space Cadet

• Give Space Station a cooldown of 35 seconds once used or if the spawner leaves(NEW)
  • If the spawner of the Space Station ejects the station is disbanded (NEW)
  • Nerf health increase per 1 space cadet docked (NEW)

Engineer @gametrieuk 

• Double Time speed increase duration should be longer 
  • Bullhorn Swarm deploys 20 megaphones
  • Each megaphone stuns the plant for 0.2 seconds each 

Modes

Battle Arena

• Add the ability to vote for which Funderdome map you want to play on
  • Remove the matchmaking after a game ends
  • Increase the prize pool for higher ranks

Ops

• Remove Ops from the Multiplayer Portal and add a station elsewhere in the social hub for both sides to launch the mode, similar to GW2 (NEW)
  • Allow the ability to create a match of ops and make it invite, public etc. just like GW2 (NEW)

Summonables

New summonable ideas

• Add a summonable that casts a speed aura for the team on both sides (@TheSprinter85) (NEW)
Message 1 of 27 (1,205 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Expert

@CompleatBeet Thanks for crediting me! The list is really nice so far. I've made an entire list of quality of life improvement suggestions already.

Link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Quality-of-life-improvements-Suggestion-Collection/m-p/...

I update it every time I post a new one.

If you want to you can include them in your list as well or just include the link to the collection. I don't know which option would be better so I leave it up to you Standard smile.

Please include the link to my post about the in-game reporting tool separately as well.

Link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/In-game-reporting-tool-Suggestion/m-p/9383911#M24912

I've read in one of the pinned posts that the community team forwards suggestions that get a lot of attention in form of XP or "me too" button presses or replies to the devs.

Since there are already a lot of replies to it I think we have a better chance of them adding it if everyone posts there as well.

Message 2 of 27 (1,123 Views)

★★★ Pro

@benn1nat0r Done!

Message 3 of 27 (1,095 Views)

★★ Guide

I don't think I undestend what you mean for the grody goop change, do you mean if you hit a zombie with 15hp for exemple, do it deals 40 damange? Or do you mean the damange per second, like to not kill imp and leave him with like 1hp? 

Also the peashooter primary is already automatic and nightcap does not need more nerfs, she needs buffs. Her hitboxes are already bigger than the model to the point you still deals crit damange for missing her head slightly and there is a lot of abilities to counter her like zpg, gravity granate, impkata, jump and turbo twister, 80's (he is exceptionally good at countering her), etc etc. 

Message 4 of 27 (1,073 Views)

★★ Pro
@CompleatBeet in a way I think the changes in the Peashooter are welcome, but I think the Nightcap is too delicate to be touched at the moment, before the last patch Nightcap was by far the worst plant in the game, after that he became a consistent character again, so I think he is in a delicate situation, and corn deserves buffs not in the butter beacon, kind of he’s being built as a character that depends only on an ability to function, which in my view is negative, but on anyway congratulations on the post, i would like to suggest nerfs on Branium basher, engineer, 80's and acorn.
Message 5 of 27 (1,045 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@gametrieuk In my opinion Peashooter's primary shouldn't be touched except the splash damage. I agree with a lot of your suggestions, but why would you nerf Acorn? Sap Trap never works anyway and Space Station is much better compared to Oak.
Message 6 of 27 (1,036 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@benn1nat0rI didn't mean Oak, in general Oak is worse than the station, and that's why I think it has a lot of nerfs, but on the acorn I think its extra dash is an unnecessary addition, along with some hardened changes that your sap traps work properly.

Message 7 of 27 (1,027 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@gametrieuk Sorry I thought you mean both Acorn and Oak. That makes more sense to me. Thanks for clarifying! Although I agree the second dash was unnecessary, I really like it because it allows me to survive Steam Blaster more easily.
Message 8 of 27 (1,015 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@benn1nat0rI who apologize should have explained it better, I left very vague what I wanted to say, but anyway we reached a consensus.

Message 9 of 27 (994 Views)

★★★ Pro

@JoaoCandido2201 What I mean is that the Grody Goops' toxic overtime damage shouldn't kill, similar to the Poison effect in Minecraft: if the target hits 1 HP the goop doesn't damage until they heal or the goop wears off.

Message 10 of 27 (865 Views)