Re: Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville - Founder's Patch Notes

by EQOAnostalgia

Original Post

★★ Guide

I hope you guys can fix the CPU usage issues. This game is maxing out my CPU and causing stuttering effects that look like FPS drops due to GPU but it's not. I see you guys are addressing the server lag issue. I just hope the game is running stable, and with good server connection by launch. 

Message 11 of 18 (1,197 Views)

Corn’s Shuck Shot is still far too slow, rendering him useless in pvp.

Super Brains is still incredibly overpowered.

Allstar shield health? I emptied on it with corn and had to reload 2x just to break it. His Imp Punt is useless unless you get a direct hit. Imp punt needs improved radius of damage. 

These are are just a few characters I played before disappointment set it. There is still a general lag to button response when it actually acknowledges the action. Overall the game still has an incredible clumsy feeling to it. Time to start addressing actual play issues and stop adding schwag that is only crating more unresponsive lag issues. 

Message 12 of 18 (1,188 Views)

★★★ Guide

Still not satisfied, hey guys.

Message 13 of 18 (1,167 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@3DJRDMy reply has seemingly been removed for some reason. Not sure if it was for being off topic or something else, but since this is related to balance.. and its the patch notes I think its on topic. I will now rewrite it like a total loser as I do want to back up what I said. EDIT: Looks like my orginal has returned, but I think I'll stick with this one.

The reason I want engineer nerfed is because he is ridiculously unfun to fight in his current state. The engineers primary weapon does an extreme amount of damage and is incredibly easy to use. You don't even have to try that much when aiming as your bullets will just bounce. If by "no longer explode on impact" you mean he no longer does splash damage, he doesn't really even need it, does he? Like I said, his weapon is already incredibly forgiving to use. I understand he can't shoot on the jack hammer, but he doesn't even need to as his turret can do that for him. His turret is also insane right now, and always will be incredibly unfun to fight as it is an auto aiming ai, its not human, it won't react like one. It will instantly catch out stealth night caps, or any character really. The buff it provides is very unfair, as it just makes his already powerful weapon even more powerful and forgiving. It should probably only buff his team, not him. It makes the engineer a very.... spammy character.

I have to disagree with him being weaker in 1 v 1s than he was in the first two games. In fact, I think he is as powerful as he's ever been in 1 v 1s. He has a 5 second long stun to completely disable a plant, its kind of sad to watch happen actually.

Engineer is by far one of my least favorite classes to fight currently because of the auto aiming ai, incredibly powerful/forgiving primary, and... the 5 second long stun. He's currently labeled as support, just like the Rose and Sunflower. Something has gone horribly wrong if the engineer in his current state is supposed to be playing the same role as the Rose. ):

Message 14 of 18 (1,137 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@3DJRD wrote:

@EA_Lanna wrote:

• Made improvements to split screen stability

I hope this means Split-Screen plays smoothly now on Xbox One. It has been virtually unplayable.

It continues to be unplayable.

Just some examples of the issues:

• frame rate is low and very unstable
  • rate of fire is affected
  • abilities fail to come out
  • randomly get stuck, jump up, and/or sink temporarily into map.
  • at least one cool down slows to a crawl
Message 15 of 18 (1,126 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Now I just had a reply vanquished. What is going on?

Message 16 of 18 (1,018 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@brady3176 There's no way you'd think Engineer & Rose were in the same category if you didn't know!!
@3DJRD Spooky! 🎃🎃🎃
Message 17 of 18 (1,005 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@3DJRD wrote:

@3DJRD wrote:

@EA_Lanna wrote:

• Made improvements to split screen stability

I hope this means Split-Screen plays smoothly now on Xbox One. It has been virtually unplayable.

It continues to be unplayable.

Just some examples of the issues:

• frame rate is low and very unstable
  • rate of fire is affected
  • abilities fail to come out
  • randomly get stuck, jump up, and/or sink temporarily into map.
  • at least one cool down slows to a crawl

Same, and i'm on PC lol... guess this issue is on their servers idk. But this game tries to MURDER my CPU, it maxes it out frequently, i wasn't having any of these issues until i went into PvP for the first time to get challenges done. I was content with PvE for the meantime but the challenges roped me into a nightmare lol. Horrible stuttering issues and it looks like my FPS dips down to 10-15 though it displays at 55-60. Input LAAAAAG on my abilities. Iv'e had to push the key to use abilities 5-7 times before they worked. If i jump, i skip almost the entire animation and i'm back on the ground. I take damage and don't know it until i'm dead. People pop in and out of frame... oh and yeah my abilities sometimes totally lockup and refuse to be usable until i die and respawn. 

Popcap i hope you fix this absolute MESS before the 18th. You're not going to sell PC copies with this kind of performance problems. This is early access levels of BAD, BAD, BADDDDD! 

Message 18 of 18 (965 Views)