Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Planning to play story missions solo or with a team?

by IFoxxian

Original Post

Highlighted

Planning to play story missions solo or with a team?

★★★★★ Novice

As it says, I would like to know how the general leaning is towards this.

I for my part will be playing those missions alone where I can take my time, listen to the NPC banter and generally follow the story better.
I imagine it will put you quite a bit behind on leveling and make those missions a lot more challenging, but I guess that's the price one has to pay.

How will you play it?

Message 1 of 15 (361 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Solo. Story mission always should be played solo or with friends.

And since right now none of my friends gonna play Anthem - its obviously solo.

Frankly its like 1% of game content, so there still be lots and lots of co-op.

Message 2 of 15 (352 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

1st playthrough 100% solo. All content like legendary contracts I will find groups of people to do it with. Then help them when they need to do it. Both of us get Co from helping each other.

If you are on PS4 message me your Username. 30 year old dude playing weekdays 7pm CET (Paris) and all weekends.

Message me your PSN Standard smile

Anthem Javelins by MuHut

Message 3 of 15 (349 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@NeoNaver wrote:

As it says, I would like to know how the general leaning is towards this.

I for my part will be playing those missions alone where I can take my time, listen to the NPC banter and generally follow the story better.
I imagine it will put you quite a bit behind on leveling and make those missions a lot more challenging, but I guess that's the price one has to pay.

How will you play it?

Yeppers, that is how I play as well.  I like games where each person in a group is presented with a cutscene/storyline...and they can't control the other players' speed or choices. 

In other games when I have been grouped, the other members would "skip, skip, skip" because they saw Storylines as Time-Waisting Garbage.  They were there only to prove they were the best at the game...everything else was meaningless.

I'll be playing Anthem's stories as much solo as I can.  If I am in a team who start skipping, I'll just leave and try to find a group who is more interested in something other than Killing Everything. -)

TQQdles™

Message 4 of 15 (334 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

I will likely play the campaign solo, or with a friend.  I prefer to play story missions alone so I can enjoy them and take my time, look around without the feeling of being rushed.. as randoms tend to just rush and not bother taking anything in. 

Message 5 of 15 (331 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

Solo for the critical path. Taking my time and enjoying the ride without being rushed. Most likely staying that way to level 30 then I will group up with my friends. 

Message 6 of 15 (330 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

If you wanna enjoy the lore, you gotta go solo. That’s what I am going to do. Leveling up will be slower, but also much more satisfying.

Message 7 of 15 (306 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
Most likely with my cousin..but he will not be into story/lore and I am. So that will be interesting between the missions where he skips the story and I will not. Even think I might start tomorrow instead of next week.
Message 8 of 15 (289 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

I'm going to impersonate Han. Now if you will all excuse me, I have to go find the Wookie I seem to have misplaced.

Message 9 of 15 (276 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

Solo Story in everything always

Message 10 of 15 (271 Views)
Twitter Stream