Re: Ping Lock for Apex Legends

by IGuruDevI

Original Post

Ping Lock for Apex Legends

★ Guide

Dev's don't think about it because they never had experienced about high ping. they installed Bahrain server but no one plays now on that server even because Apex legend does not have ping lock region. players select their favourite server like SEA because of fast matchmaking. it does not like that Bahrain server does not have enough players base. When Bahrain server launched I get normal matchmaking time. after three weeks, matchmaking time increased. most players did return to their favourite servers but still, they do complain about packet loss, unstable network. laggy game.

Advantage of Ping lock

1. game get control on flooded traffic on the server. like three servers in one country. sometimes players select server 1 even they have high ping that server 2 like 10+ms. high traffic makes server laggy. even we can't get a match on that server where players still get a low ping. like Bahrain server. like me. I have 60ms to 70ms ping on Bahrain server but I still play on SEA server with 90ms ping because I get fast matchmaking.

2. stop cheaters to invade in another region and stop stream sniping. the streamer gets a bad experience by getting killed from stream sniping.

3. stop boosting players. cheaters come from another region and clear that match to boost one team. I know that have less impact on the game but they just booster some player rank.

4. stop roaming players

Q&A

1. I have a friend from another region, how I can join him if the game has ping lock?

Ans. Join his Lobby and you will play in his region.

2. I want to join another region tournament but the game will allow me to play after ping lock?

Ans. Yes, tournament host selects the serve in custom game mode. you need to join that lobby by passkey and you will play in that region

3. I don't play on a low ping server because I have packet loss issue?

Ans. I had that issue too but I fixed after watching many videos of fix packet loss. most players don't config their network setting properly and they ended up in packet loss issue but they still have low ping. some players say that I have a packet loss issue in my network even I have the right network config. my answer is that bro you need to change your ISP, not the game server.

Ping lock is a good thing for Apex legend to reduce laggy match, overcrowded servers, stop stream sniping,

your game already selects the low ping server at game start . just disable the tab button fo select server.

many players want to play on low ping server( Bahrain) like me but many players still select those servers where they get fast matchmaking, I was getting normal matchmaking on Middle East server but after three or month, I got long matchmaking time because players moved back to their servers

Message 1 of 3 (803 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@IGuruDevI No, the matchmaking on Bahrain servers were slow from the launch. And the servers aren't as stable as SEA servers. Play on Bahrain for what? A 15 ms ping difference and some packet loss/server instability to go along with it? Pass!
Even if there was a server ping lock, Bahrain has fewer players compared to SEA. Ranked on SEA is messed up as it is, imagine the state it would be in on Bahrain.
Players moved back to SEA because the queue times weren't as good and that's a fact.
Message 2 of 3 (781 Views)

★ Guide
@BaldWraithSimp I played the first month in Bahrain and I never felt long matchmaking time. it same like PUBG, PUBG dev's refused to give ping lock for two years but after that, they bought ping lock and it is good for the game. Bahrain servers are good, packet loss is ISP and your net setting issues, not the game server issue. Bahrain has enough player base but they don't want 30 seconds to wait for matchmaking and they moved to SEA servers. PING lock is good for Apex legends
Message 3 of 3 (748 Views)