Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Pilot data error

by Robblock97

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Pilot data error

Community Manager

@TheRealNichivo Not showing anything trending server-side. What exactly is happening now?

-EA Cade

Stay and Play.png
Message 21 of 33 (266 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@EA_Cade 

It is acting like your servers UP is being throttled. I'm sitting here waiting for an eternity for a simple game repair.

Message 22 of 33 (265 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@TheRealNichivo I just checked again and I'm still not seeing anything trending. Can you try canceling the repair then these steps, and let me know if they help?

-EA Cade

Stay and Play.png
Message 23 of 33 (255 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Pro

@EA_Cade I already did that. It bumped me back to almost 1 hour 30 minutes.  I guess I will just wait it out for now. 

Message 24 of 33 (253 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Pro

eternity.png

It is so slow it heralds me back to the days of the 2400 baud modem. I wonder if it is going to have an effect on people doing a game install. OH the Horror!

Message 25 of 33 (245 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Pro

I can't get on at all this morning.  Pilot errors and server disconnects.  Freaking holiday weekend and if I can't log in the wife is going to make me do yard work.

Well, that's that.  I give up.  Going to play Destiny.  At least that works, but I feel like Homer choosing crab juice over mountain dew.

Message 26 of 33 (195 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@TheRealNichivo wrote:

eternity.png

It is so slow it heralds me back to the days of the 2400 baud modem. I wonder if it is going to have an effect on people doing a game install. OH the Horror!

I would assume that’s happening on the client side, so the bottleneck is likely to be your CPU and HDD/SSD, not the server connection. Though it could also be that the verification algorithm could use some optimization as well.

Message 27 of 33 (165 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Pro

@cake404 wrote:

@TheRealNichivo wrote:

eternity.png

I would assume that’s happening on the client side, so the bottleneck is likely to be your CPU and HDD/SSD, not the server connection. Though it could also be that the verification algorithm could use some optimization as well.

Nice assumption! Strange assumption! On a day when they clearly are having server issues. I logged in after it finished, and noticed more issues. The ping and tracert to the server confirmed issues on their end, so I gave up for the day, but sure blame the tech geeks end that seems like a valid plan. Did you fail to read where I mention it normally only takes a couple minutes for a repair?

Message 28 of 33 (149 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

Had this three times of late, with only partial hud graphics showing then boom pilot data error.

Message 29 of 33 (128 Views)
Highlighted

★ Expert

Something definitely has gone a bit wonky on the servers since Friday, been playing since Early Accsss/Launch and never had more than a handful of Sever disconnects Pilot Errors etc. I am one of the lucky few I've been told, but I've had a couple of connecting to server please wait msg's pop up over the weekend, so something is definitely off server side.

Message 30 of 33 (113 Views)
Twitter Stream