Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Pilot data error

by Robblock97

Original Post

Re: Pilot data error

Champion

Reporting in from Central Europe with some connection problems as well.

Had to try several times before I got a connection.

Got a small shock when I opened the featured store and my funds were gone. They turned up after closing and opening the store again, though.

The connection is definitely still wonky.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 11 of 33 (270 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem on my PS4 PRO.

I opend the TCP and UDP ports in my router, but that dindn't help!!

Message 12 of 33 (265 Views)

Champion

Just found this on Twitter:

If you've experiencing connectivity problems today in #AnthemGame, the team is working on it and you should start to see improved connectivity soon.

— Andrew Johnson (@UNTDrew) 17. Mai 2019

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 13 of 33 (259 Views)

★★★ Guide

@frauzet wrote:

Just found this on Twitter:

If you've experiencing connectivity problems today in #AnthemGame, the team is working on it and you should start to see improved connectivity soon.

— Andrew Johnson (@UNTDrew) 17. Mai 2019

And like most gaming companies these days they can't be f*ing bothered to come onto their own forums or post on their website that they are aware and working an issue. Getting sick of this industry, any other industry that acted like this would fold....

Message 14 of 33 (247 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm getting the exact same thing as you guys. For a moment I was able to play and it said I was lvl 0 (I'm lvl 22). Weird stuff..I hope they fix it soon. Having this happend at the start of the weekend is just sad.

Message 15 of 33 (238 Views)

★★ Novice

After 40 min is working,  I just re-started my play and tried. No explanation, no nothing. It just works again

Message 16 of 33 (182 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

Sorry for the delay, was in meetings. 

There was an issue identified a bit ago that we've applied some serverside fixes for that should prevent this from happening now. 

-EA_Cade
Message 17 of 33 (485 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I as well am having the same "error loading pilot data"

I chatted with EA support, they emailed a list of troubleshooting they were "confident" would fix the problem.

"This is just a follow-up to our conversation a while ago regarding the error code issue that you had with Anthem and i am sharing you a few tried and tested troubleshooting steps which will surely fix this issue for you. It’s my pleasure assisting you today.

Please follow these steps :

CLEAR ALTERNATE MAC ADDRESS

1. Go to Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternative Mac Address > Clear
2. After this shut down the console, disconnect the power cord from the back of the Xbox One and wait two minutes.
3. Once the two minutes have passed, plug the power back in and wait for the power bricks light to go from White to Orange.
4. Once the brick is Orange, start your console. 

CLEAR PERSISTENT STORAGE

If console is wired connected, remove Ethernet cable. If console is wireless, Go to Settings > Network > Select their Network > Disconnect.
Once it is back on, press Menu button > Settings > Blu Ray & Disc > Persistent Storage > Clear Persistent Storage three times.

POWERCYCLE XBOX ONE

Follow these steps to power cycle your Xbox One Console:
1. While the console is on, press and hold the console's Xbox button for 5 seconds.
2. The console will power down.
3. Wait 30 seconds, and then turn your console back on by again pressing the Xbox button.

CHANGE PRIVACY SETTINGS

1. From the Home Screen, using the controller scroll left to the navigation pane.
2. Scroll down to Settings Icon.
3. In the Setting menu scroll down to Account.
4. Under Account, select Family.
5. Enter the password or passkey.
6. Select the account that you want to update.
7. Select the category of settings you want to update, such as Privacy & online safety.
8. Select the Adult defaults.
9. Toggle back to Child defaults and then finally back to Adult defaults once more.
10. Powercyle the console to complete the troubleshooting.

If you need help about any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again via callback request, live chat or email through our EA Help Center"

You know, I bought this F*****g game on Tuesday, couldn't play it because of Connection issues to the servers. Played it for 90 minutes or so on Wednesday, Thursday I got this 'Error Loading Pilot Data' screen. Today? Same thing. 

I should have just bought RedDead2... I'd have 10 hours clocked in with that game, cause you know... IT F*****G WORKS

this is what I get for 60 bucks? Two months, TWO F*****G MOMTHS SINCE RELEASE, and it STILL DOESN'T F*****G WORK!

Message 18 of 33 (171 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Back up for me now 

Message 19 of 33 (136 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Looks like something else is now broken. Started another game repair, and it saying it will take a couple hours. Normally that would take a couple minutes. 

Message 20 of 33 (116 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help