Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Pilot data error

by AcKilleeZ

Original Post

Community Manager

@TheRealNichivo Not showing anything trending server-side. What exactly is happening now?

-EA_Cade
Message 21 of 33 (237 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@EA_Cade 

It is acting like your servers UP is being throttled. I'm sitting here waiting for an eternity for a simple game repair.

Message 22 of 33 (236 Views)

Community Manager

@TheRealNichivo I just checked again and I'm still not seeing anything trending. Can you try canceling the repair then these steps, and let me know if they help?

-EA_Cade
Message 23 of 33 (226 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@EA_Cade I already did that. It bumped me back to almost 1 hour 30 minutes.  I guess I will just wait it out for now. 

Message 24 of 33 (224 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

eternity.png

It is so slow it heralds me back to the days of the 2400 baud modem. I wonder if it is going to have an effect on people doing a game install. OH the Horror!

Message 25 of 33 (216 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I can't get on at all this morning.  Pilot errors and server disconnects.  Freaking holiday weekend and if I can't log in the wife is going to make me do yard work.

Well, that's that.  I give up.  Going to play Destiny.  At least that works, but I feel like Homer choosing crab juice over mountain dew.

Message 26 of 33 (166 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@TheRealNichivo wrote:

eternity.png

It is so slow it heralds me back to the days of the 2400 baud modem. I wonder if it is going to have an effect on people doing a game install. OH the Horror!

I would assume that’s happening on the client side, so the bottleneck is likely to be your CPU and HDD/SSD, not the server connection. Though it could also be that the verification algorithm could use some optimization as well.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 27 of 33 (136 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@cake404 wrote:

@TheRealNichivo wrote:

eternity.png

I would assume that’s happening on the client side, so the bottleneck is likely to be your CPU and HDD/SSD, not the server connection. Though it could also be that the verification algorithm could use some optimization as well.

Nice assumption! Strange assumption! On a day when they clearly are having server issues. I logged in after it finished, and noticed more issues. The ping and tracert to the server confirmed issues on their end, so I gave up for the day, but sure blame the tech geeks end that seems like a valid plan. Did you fail to read where I mention it normally only takes a couple minutes for a repair?

Message 28 of 33 (120 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Had this three times of late, with only partial hud graphics showing then boom pilot data error.

Message 29 of 33 (99 Views)

★ Pro

Something definitely has gone a bit wonky on the servers since Friday, been playing since Early Accsss/Launch and never had more than a handful of Sever disconnects Pilot Errors etc. I am one of the lucky few I've been told, but I've had a couple of connecting to server please wait msg's pop up over the weekend, so something is definitely off server side.

Message 30 of 33 (84 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help