Pie Collecting Guide (Limited-Time Event)!

by TheSprinter85

Original Post

Pie Collecting Guide (Limited-Time Event)!

[ Edited ]
Champion

Hi everyone,

In this guide, I am going to cover the Blueberry Pie hunting event in Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville. I will include information such as what this event is, how to complete it, what to do to complete it and so on. I will also cover aspects of the event such as rewards you receive. Read on if you want more information about collecting all of these pies. I have already collected them all at the time I created this guide so I cannot really show any footage.

What is the Pie Hunt?

The Pie Hunt event is a scavenger hunt where you need to find 24 pies. If you do so, you get a reward. Talk to Sir Crustworthy in the Plants base first before you start looking for the Pies. He is located near the Prize Map and the Multiplayer Terminal in the Plants base. The 24 Pies you need to find will be scattered all through Giddy Park and the free-roam regions: Plants and Zombies Town Center, Mount Steep and Weirding Woods. Some pies will require you to complete some of the story modes of the free-roam regions or collect some of the collectibles. Plants and Zombies Town Center share their Pies, so if you find the Pies in one of those regions, you will not have to go to the other region to collect it. Once you collect all the Pies, talk to Sir Crustworthy again and he will give you your reward. If you go near him, he will also show you how many Pies you have collected, and how many more you need.

How is the Event Limited-Time?

You can only do this event throughout the month of November each year, including collecting the Pies, seeing and/or interacting with Sir Crustworthy and claiming your reward. In other words, you can only do this event during Food Fight each year. Make use of this time to collect your Pies and get your reward. The reward is not major, but it is an exclusive reward you cannot get anywhere else that you will probably enjoy! Hint: it is tasty!

The Catch

Instead of there actually being a total of 24 Pies available for collection, there is 27, instead. However, you only need to collect 24 Pies and then talk to Sir Crustworthy to claim your reward. If you get more Pies than that, it does not do anything. This means that you do not need to complete parts of the story modes or collect specific other collectibles before you can obtain all the Pies. Watch the videos below to discover the locations of all of the Pies. 

Sir Crustworthy.PNG

Videos

Watch the below videos to find out where all of the Pies are located.

In this video, this is where 24 of the Pie locations are. Collect all these Pies in order to have enough to claim your reward.

In this video, this is where all 27 Pies are located. Decide which 3 you do not want to collect (unless you do indeed want to collect them all) and go and collect the rest for your reward.

Reward and Conclusion

When you have collected 24 or more Pies, and you have talked to Sir Crustworthy in the Plants area of Giddy Park again, you will get an exclusive reward. The Reward is the Tasty Topper, which is a Super Rare Spectrum Hat for Acorn. This is identical to the Hat that Sir Crustworthy wears, however you can choose between a bunch of different colours when you go to equip it. 

Doing the Pie Hunt is something completely different to what you may be used to, but it provides another reason to head back to your free-roam regions for a short time if you have completed everything else, as well as simply having a different reason to go. Or, if you still need to complete your free-roam regions, you can hunt for some Pies as you go. Then, you can claim your exclusive hat and show it off in Multiplayer as well if you want. This is a very unique event in itself, so I suggest doing it if you have not already, as soon as you get the chance. I also suggest you do it early in November as it can take a while to grab all the pies.

That is it from me!

@TheSprinter85 

Message 1 of 7 (3,995 Views)

Re: Pie Collecting Guide (Limited-Time Event)!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@TheSprinter85There are 28 pie locations I know and possibly 2 locations I don't know so there are 4 or 6 more pies that aren't in the video.

Message 2 of 7 (3,973 Views)

Champion
@Cameroid07 I knew that there were 27 Pies - the second video showcases that. I did not realise that there were actually more, but I did know that you only needed to collect 24 Pies to obtain everything.
Message 3 of 7 (3,966 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

This is one of those little side quests/events that we needed more of in BfN. Not only are these fun little side projects to engage in, they also had us revisiting the free roam zones which I feel would have been even better with reasons like this side quest, to go back to them once you were 100% complete. 

Message 4 of 7 (3,947 Views)

Champion

I do agree with that, it really is fun to go back and do other activities in the free-roam regions. I really liked the exclusive reward that it provided for the effort. It would have been cooler if they did a hunt like this each month and maybe there were more rewards tied in.

Message 5 of 7 (3,927 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@TheSprinter85 There were hunts planned for some months after like February and I think January as while as December but they were unused sadly.
Message 6 of 7 (3,902 Views)

Champion
@Cameroid07 That would have been loads of fun!
Message 7 of 7 (3,695 Views)