Pick EA Desktop or Origin to use as your platform, and retire the other launcher

by S0m3_DUd3_666

Original Post

Pick EA Desktop or Origin to use as your platform, and retire the other launcher

★★ Novice

There is absolutely no reason I should have to install 2 launchers for your games to work, especially considering having them both open conflicts with the other. Migrate all the features/game libraries of one platform into the other and retire the extra. This is almost enough to avoid all EA games for PC in the future, which sucks because I'm really looking forward to Battlefield 2042.

Message 1 of 2 (749 Views)

Re: Pick EA Desktop or Origin to use as your platform, and retire the other laun

@S0m3_DUd3_666  The EA Desktop App is still in beta and will presumably have all functionality once we get the full release.  You don't need to use it though unless you're accessing games through XBox Game Pass.  I have it installed but never open it.  Origin will eventually be retired, or maybe kept around for legacy systems only, but in the meantime, it still works pretty much as well as it always has.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (721 Views)