[Petition] Save Battle for Neighborville! Update: 5000 Signatures!

by DoctorDap

Original Post

Re: [Petition] Save Battle for Neighborville! Update: 4000 Signatures, 1000 away

★★ Apprentice

Hey all, Doc here with another update on things,

Firstly, I'd like to apologize for my inactivity, as I've been occupied with school and family matters. Secondly, I'd like to announce that we're 700 signatures away from 5k signatures!

I'm glad of those who still have hope for the future of the game and fully understand those who are realistic/pessimistic about the whole ordeal. I submit that this whole thing is very unlikely and seems like its riding on false hope. But at the very least, if nothing comes out of this, I can at least be proud of myself and the community who did their best to see the game have a second chance at life, even if it failed. 

Hopefully, when we're 500 signatures away we can do one last "hoorah" and push it to reach that big goal.

Message 71 of 209 (1,320 Views)

Re: [Petition] Save Battle for Neighborville! Update: 4000 Signatures, 1000 away

Champion

Pessimistic Mode: Off. Come on everyone, let’s keep going, we can do this. The more signatures we can get on that petition, the more likely EA will take notice. Let’s rise up and try and get this petition spread to as many places as possible. If this fails though, like @DoctorDap stated, well at least we tried!

Message 72 of 209 (1,306 Views)

Re: [Petition] Save Battle for Neighborville! Update: Nearing 3500 Signatures!

★★★★ Expert

@iluminatethesky Yeah I know it won't do much, but the last paragraph really makes me wonder why they are actually asking for community feedback. If anything, what will happened based on that feedback?

I actually made a whole thread about it and analyzing the statement in multiple languages: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/About-the-quot-This-announcement-can-change-we-listen-q...

While the English one just says "this announcement", all other versions make it clear the entire contents of the announcement are subject to change after fan feedback. Why would they include it if they don't intend on doing anything?

I'm sure that if EA hadn't neglected the game and marked it more it would have been a huge success.

And I agree with you, hopefully a future PvZ shooter, if made, will be more successful (although I don't think BfN is bad).

I'd also like to take the opportunity to thank you for helping people who have technical difficulties with the game. I have seen many posts from you in that forum, so thanks Standard smile. I'm very active in the General Discussion board so I haven't really noticed you awesome community activity until recently.

@Fork_x_Spoon I don't want to sound rude, but I think quoting that particular toxic person isn't a good think. He has a tiny fan base compared to the whole PvZ "fandom" and I have seen you say "just continue playing gw2 it is better" in other threads. I don't understand why you would tell people who love a game to quit it because "it's dead" when you play a way older game with fewer players that isn't being updated, not even with minor improvements.

@stukapooka Gw2 also had terrible balancing in the beginning and it only got better when it didn't receive updates. And again, I don't think the guy you are quoting is qualified to make any statements about the situation. He said he hated BfN from the beginning, but kept making videos about it to milk it for his personal profit. And by his logic, gw2 should have been canceled the moment it launched due to its many problems when it was first released ... .

@Fork_x_Spoon & @stukapooka 

Again, I don't want to sound insulting, but I have to ask you why you keep making such negative posts in every thread, even unrelated ones? The people trying to save the game only give small updates in the petition thread and always say "we know it won't work and we are pessimistic" in order not to get such comments en masse. Many people have expressed what they dislike about the game and that the petition won't work but they don't do it in every thread.

Message 73 of 209 (1,299 Views)

★★★★ Expert

At least @Gormey enriches his negative posts with humor (you'll reach the top xp leaderboard place, I believe in you Standard smile).

@DoctorDap Thank you for all the work you put into this Standard smile. I'l continue to do what I can to support the petition. Just make sure you get your school and family stuff sorted out and prioritize it over your forum activity Standard smile.

@TheSprinter85 Thank you for making a positive comment after all of the negative ones.

Message 74 of 209 (1,298 Views)

★ Pro
@benn1nat0r Sorry if I've been largely negative about this whole thing. EA has kinda ruined me because they've been ruining games I like since Battlefront. I really want this petition to succeed but don't see it happening. Regardless, BFN is still a great game. Saying it's dead and GW2 is just better wasn't the best thing to say (and kinda hypocritical) which I have to apologize for. But that's what EA wants besides money. So again, if I come out as largely negative, I'm sorry about that.

Even if this petition goes nowhere, it'll at least show support for the franchise. That's important so developers know they have a remaining audience and can try to make it even better than it was before. Whether or not this continues BFN's development, the franchise has a better chance of continuing. So whoever came up with this petition and those who support, you're helping to preventing this franchise's death.
(Hopefully that was something positive from me once from this thread.)
Message 75 of 209 (1,286 Views)

★ Guide
The plants vs zombies franchise on consoles is varied, which is good for it, having different types of features in its games allows there to be options for each hobby, we must not allow ourselves to be divided as some garden warfare 2 players claim, I guess they are not fans, they are just opportunists who received the gift game on xbox gold or ps plus, and are destroying promising gaming communities. We must promote that the diversity of game options in plants vs zombies makes us better services for the community on consoles. The fact that every time we play battle for neighborville online, and we see players who bought a lot of skins, it means that they just enjoy the game, and they don't make life miserable like some people criticize anything innovative.
Message 76 of 209 (1,263 Views)

Re: [Petition] Save Battle for Neighborville! Update: Nearing 3500 Signatures!

Hero (Retired)

Thank you @benn1nat0r Standard smile

Glad I can help in the Tech Forums whenever possible. And, thanks for keeping everyone engaged here in the General Discussion Forums, it's great having you around!

- iluminate

★★★★ Expert

@Fork_x_Spoon Thank you for the reply Standard smile!

I didn't want to sound too negative, I just thought we had enough negative posts already. Having said that, I understand why you feel this way. I was extremely disappointed after EA bought PopCap. On one side, the acquisition baled these ambitious 3D PvZ games to exist. On the other side, they made the original PvZ free to play and locked away my mini games from me with an update, even though I paid for them.

And it's fine if you like gw2 more. I was just confused, because I saw many people say they'll play gw2 now, considering BfN is dead. This made no sense to me, as the game is being overrun by cheaters and has a smaller player base. You don't need to apologize. And as you said, it is nice to see the community act as one and show love for the franchise as a whole Standard smile

@Seavolcan I agree we shouldn't divide ourselves. After all, we're all united in a way, because we all love PvZ. There are many people here who prefer gw2 and say so often, but that's not really a bad thing in itself. I think the largest portion of people who said stuff like "Let's boycott BfN so it will be canceled and a gw3 will be made!" are on Reddit.

@iluminatethesky Thank you!

I'm still very active in the community, because I only joined 1 and a half months or so ago. Even though the community activity might slow down after the announcement, it's still nice to discuss PvZ with all the lovely people here Standard smile! I also try to report as many bugs with footage I have collected as possible. It might help, considering we will still get bug fixes. I'll also try to collect feedback on the bots and help the remaining devs tune them with my pinned thread.

I guess I'll also remain here because there is no PvZ game with active content support available in my country (I don't count PvZ 2 anymore, Penny's Pursuit didn't add much). I hope PvZ 3 will see an international release soon.

I hope Iceburg Lettuce could be released, since it's nearly finished, but I'll remain pessimistic. Maybe another team can continue the PvZ shooters? Seems unlikely, but one can only dream ... . 

Anyway, thank you for your posts and have a nice day 

Message 78 of 209 (1,235 Views)

★ Expert
Message 79 of 209 (1,192 Views)

Champion

@benn1nat0r Well, if another shooter was released at some point, that would be most pleasing to the community, it gives EA a chance to start over. Remember, their first 2 PvZ Shooters were really good. They should give it another chance. The reason why I am still trying to save the game is mainly because as a backup for if the chances for another shooter reach virtually zero.

Message 80 of 209 (1,152 Views)