Re: Permanently Turn Upgrades OFF

by theravenousbeast

Original Post

Permanently Turn Upgrades OFF

★★★★ Novice

This feature is ruining the game in a big way. Not only does it make some cars way too fast, but when joining a lobby with upgrades enabled you replace an A.I and have no upgrades, defeating the point of joining mid race and possibly moving through the pack. Upgrades are a nuisance to new players cause it forces them to grind the career for cars/cash, then grind the miles needed for EVERY car, it's too much, especially when some just want to race online. The cars in the game are already upgraded racing cars in the first place like GT3, throwing upgrades on top of that just ruins the car balance. You have more to gain then lose from disabling this feature, the ones who'll complain of it's removal can't even keep their cars on the track without upgrades.....

Message 1 of 7 (949 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'll agree that its a hassle for new players...but it was a hassle for us that played since launch too.

I'd rather just see them remove or lower the mileage requirements for upgrades and make cash the primary concern. That way people can upgrade the cars they want more quickly. I don't think any of the guys with 200h+ will mind that new players got their upgrades quicker...I'd just rather level the playing field online.

Codies did bump up the cash rewards in 2019 after they were done updating the game so hopefully something like this can be done for Legends too.

With the physics being much more grippy than 2019 I'd really rather not see upgrades removed...90% of the cars in this game bore me to tears when driving without them. None of the AWD cars will even break traction without them. With some of the GT2/GT1/Prototypes you barely have to brake around some circuits without upgrades.

Message 2 of 7 (892 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Omiley Good luck, I suggested a mere 'upgrades on/off flag' for the lobbies and got nowt. Add in ghosting and the 'reset car' menu exploit during flashbacks-off MP and I often wonder what's the point in wishing for fair GL races anymore?
Message 3 of 7 (882 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Perhaps you haven't notice but.....race cars are suppose to be grippy. If you find yourself losing grip or fighting the car you are driving wrong. The cars in the game are already upgraded racing cars to some extent, for those who feel some of the cars are "boring" or "too slow" you're playing the wrong racing game if you looking for break neck speeds and almost no braking required. I love racing, the sport itself, so I find enjoyment racing Prototypes all the way down to Miatas ( where some of you need to start learning to race anyway), when speed is lowered, your skills and mistakes are on display more.

Message 4 of 7 (839 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

okay need to dissect this whole mess...

"If you find yourself losing grip or fighting the car you are driving wrong. " Upgrades off means you can drive worse and get away with it.

"The cars in the game are already upgraded racing cars" even race cars get upgrades during a season. also its a simcade so hardly a good argument

"for those who feel some of the cars are "boring" or "too slow" you're playing the wrong racing game if you looking for break neck speeds and almost no braking required"

Completely missed the point there...WITHOUT UPGRADES you barely have to brake with most cars...on a more subjective note this game's physics shine at faster speeds

"when speed is lowered, your skills and mistakes are on display more" with some cars yes. The Miatas or Autozams yes, you need to keep up momentum. With stuff like GT4/3/2 or Muscle or the Modifieds there's too much grip.

with upgrades the game feels closer to G2019/GAS/G2008. Without upgrades you can scrub off so much speed just by cornering it feels more like ToCA 3 (which is not good in 2022)

Message 5 of 7 (820 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Point is upgrades in online racing games are NEVER a good idea. iRacing = No Upgrades, Assetto Corsa = No Upgrades, rFactor = No Upgrades, AMS2 = No Upgrades, even Forza Motorsport has homologation to even the BoP (Balance of Performance) for online, and you seen the recent changes Gran Turismo has made to combat the exploits regarding upgrades. One of Legends best feature "Join" mid race is invalidated with upgrades, cause you take the place of an A.I with no upgrades and just doing laps til the race is over. They didn't think it through and just added it in at some point, otherwise joining mid race wouldn't be broken. Race Cars DO NOT get upgrades during a season, watch IMSA or Blancpain, it would ruin the BoP completely for teams. Now if we're talking about NFS that's fine, it's part of the game development from the start, but not racing games with rumble strips and curbs and focus on actual racing instead street racing.

Message 6 of 7 (804 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Or they could just allow players to see which lobbies have upgrades off and which lobbies have them on...least effort.

Message 7 of 7 (778 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help