Re: Permanent IP ban for toxic players

by LordloshBang

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
@Daze623, if you ask me personally, I think EA should really do something, and if they do not understand, then permanent ban their IP.
As I said before, a guy I played with used the n-word slur when talking to Brazilians. And he made another account after the permanent ban. This should not be allowed. Also, the harasser won't learn anything besides being pissed off, and change game. If you do something like that irl, maybe you go out and have to do social services. I don't know what would be better and it is not my job. But something should be done.
Message 11 of 30 (395 Views)

Champion

@Koochi-Q  Do I see you making slanderous comments again koochster?

Disgraceful. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 12 of 30 (388 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@MandatoryIDtag Very toxic of kooch needs a permaban on his ip :'D
Message 13 of 30 (375 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@MandatoryIDtag (read everything in a poch aristocrately Britsman) You must’ve mistaken me for someone else sir. I would very much appreciate you not having delusional thoughts on my behalf unless it’s followed by an apology for slandering my good name.

Sir Fellowsworth Koochi Charleston.

See what you have done, you brute, now other ppl are using my name in slander. Appalling!
I shall confer with Your Majesty about this. The constable will see to it that you’ll get the appropriate harsh sentence!

Good day Sirs @MandatoryIDtag & @1ronKeys

XD
Message 14 of 30 (368 Views)

Champion

@Koochi-Q  Pah! Sir? Surely not my friend. Her highness would never dream of bestowing a knighthood on a dastardly knave such as yourself. To even suggest such a ridiculous notion is tantamount to treason!

Hold your tongue before I have it removed peasant!

Message 15 of 30 (366 Views)

★★ Pro

@ApexPackFarm wrote:

I'm tired.

This happens a lot and it needs to stop.

I just finished a match where one player (Bloodhound) dropped solo, and when I realized I dropped near him/her but everything was looted already. I had a havoc and no armour and got killed by an Octane with purple armour. I yelled at the solo player and he died too, but fortunately the 3rd player (Wraith with a Season 3 Diamond trail) got our banners and escaped the fire zone.

I thanked the Wraith and the solo player started to insult me in Portuguese. I have srveral screenshots and a video. I just replied "reported" and when I got the chance I reported him/her from the menu. The match went on and he did a suicidal move, died, and insulted me again. Insulted me and my family with lots of slurs.

I'm tired.

I don't ever want to play with this kind of people anymore.

I'm tired of toxic players, solo players who are "farming 20 kills"... This is a cooperative game, and these players do NOT cooperate at all.

I want to know what happens with the in-game reports.

For all reports.

I want to report solo players.

I want to report quitters.

I want to report harassers.

I want to know what happens to them. I want a follow up like "You reported the player [nickname] for [reason]. We banned them for [time]".

I played with a guy who got reported for saying the n-word and he created another account and kept playing. Of course I said to him not to be racist, but he lept doing it, so I removed him from my friend list.

I want these people to NOT play anymore or to have serious consequences.

Why do I have to spend minutes in an undesireble match, take my time to report, write a post, for nothing to really happen.

Please, take some action.

Please!

People who play with randoms are more likely to quit playing if they encounter these players. Apex will end up with only toxic players and die.

Please take action.

I can provide screenshots, but they would be censored. If there's a place for them to be reported (screenshots and video) I'll post them.

Thank you!

There is a option to mute them, and that is more than enough, if there is a toxic player.

Permanent ban or report for insult or so, its completely unneeded.

Now if you ask why i will straight away answer you. Simple because you can record, screenshot, just a part of the chat/conversation. And before/after that you can insult, flame, be disrespectful or doing dog...... too. So that won`t be fair at all.

I know a lot of such peoples. They are talking sh...., and then act like a ........ and are trying to make themselves to looks like an angel.

I don`t see how that is fair.

Message 16 of 30 (345 Views)

★ Expert
@ApexPackFarm I don't know about n-word slur punishment as I don't think it's as bad as giving death threats but it's definitely worse than the regular trashtalk/flame. Yeah trashtalk and flame is a big issue in online multiplayer games as some believe that trashtalking adds "fun" to the game.
Message 17 of 30 (334 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@LordloshBang, so when a bully irl insults you, you just cover your ears? please, ignoring is not a solution.
It's not just "an insult", it's unprovoked harassment and hate speech, it's threaths to players and their families; of course they're not real, but they still have impact on the psychology of the receiver.
You can be critical and hear both sides, but I assure you (since I cannot post the harassment here because they would be censored), this toxic player was not provoked. He dropped solo, he died, he insulted because I told him this was a cooperative game.
I don't know you, but you're completely bullying reporters by putting "act like a .....", what's the word you don't want to write? is it coward? or does it start with a "p"? that's what I though. Bullies must be stopped. Period. You can have discussions and even insult, but some words are enough to identify harassers.
Also, screenshots and videos help to prove your point, but the developers obviously can track down the match, see all our actions, pings, voice and text. They know.
Message 18 of 30 (314 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Daze623 Did you read EA statement about racial injustice? https://www.ea.com/news/ea-actions-against-racial-injustice
N-word should be a permanent ban. And if you don't think so, you're clearly not anti-racist, which make you a racist.
Please educate yourself and put yourself in their place.
I don't know what defines a trashtalk, and I aggree that you can have fun discussing, and maybe some insults, but not harass and be toxic unprovoked.
Message 19 of 30 (313 Views)

Champion

@ApexPackFarm  Flaming is reportable, and bans will be handed out for it. Admittedly they're not perma-bans...and being cynical here I think no game does this simply because they would be banning a considerable portion of their playerbase....simply put even trolls spend cash. x.x

I agree that racism over mic/text should result in a permanent ban though, it is absolutely unacceptable in any environment and shouldn't be tolerated.

Message 20 of 30 (304 Views)