Perma bans for cheaters

by chuntfunk

Original Post

Perma bans for cheaters

★★★★ Apprentice

Just played a match in duos and there was apex preds on different squads working together. No wonder they made it up that high they cheated all the way to the top. These types of people needs to be perma banned. 

Message 1 of 9 (782 Views)

Re: Perma bans for cheaters

@chuntfunk this is just my opinion. I think because this is behavior based, it should just be a suspension.

They can only perma ban so many people and it really should be reserved for the worst behavior. Plus a few days to a few weeks suspension sends a clear enough message to knock it off. Now if it’s a second offense suspend for a longer period.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 9 (738 Views)

Champion

@DarthValtrex  Soft ban followed by a hard ban as far as I'm concerned.

It's still cheating.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 9 (693 Views)

[ Edited ]

@MandatoryIDtagI think the big issue with enforcing something like is that it's difficult to identify. Some in game play can look like teaming and it's not.

There is no algorithm can reliable and accurately detect this kind of behavior. So it falls onto the TOS department to either review video or watch people play and look for it. That is an extremely expensive proposition. 

Some platforms might make it easier to detect, Microsoft could look for parties that have more than 2 or 3 people in them. But even that is not a solid identifier. My parties often have 5 people in them, 3 of us will be gaming and one will just be talking and not even playing Apex.

Message 4 of 9 (650 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think it is easy to check.

1. most of the cheater was 10+ kills

2. the headshot rate was very high

3. if they are cheater, they were many reports.

Message 5 of 9 (610 Views)

@dontaski the OP is talking about a different kind of cheating. They are talking about teaming in which you have 2 separate teams working together. It turns fights into a 3vs6 situation. I have seen people get really creative with this. But I’m not going to explain what I have seen, i don’t want to give anyone any ideas.

Head shot percentage and accuracy is not the only metric to catch cheating. You can do things to lower accuracy %. You can also get lucky, i hit 6 consecutive head shots with a long bow a few weeks ago. I took out 3 squads in duos in about 3 minutes. It was a bit of luck and some skill. If they use a system like what you suggest I would have got banned for that.

Lots of reporting is not always accurate either. I have a high skill friend that gets reported multiple times a night, he does not cheat. He’s just really good.

Message 6 of 9 (577 Views)

★ Expert

Perma ban should be applied to people that use cheating programs. But the problem is that i've been seeing cheaters on streams playing for lots of days without being banned. I mean there's also a guy that cheats and plays official global tournaments lol.

Message 7 of 9 (540 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

no cheats in this game...what you talking about... Wink

chaters stream and not get baned so why we dont all cheat??? I would pay for cheat not for apex coins, much cheaper...

Message 8 of 9 (503 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Biss71 found one EAC, is this liable for a ban?
or ... no, he's cool? ok.
Message 9 of 9 (470 Views)