Re: Perma banned for writng "bots" in chat 3 times.

by Piabetic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Perma banned for writng "bots" in chat 3 times.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Long story short I had 2 temp bans for writing "wtf" in chat
the 3rd was a perma one just because i wrote bots in chat 3 times.

I tried to dispute, but I was probably just templated (those who worked in game support will know that 99% of the time the employees are just throwing templates when replying to tickets 'wink' )

I know it's 2021 where people get offended by almost everything, but this is just sad.

800 lvl account, hairloom, around 170 legendaries went poof.

My advice for anyone playing Apex - unbind the chat, you never know when you will get hammered.

241632848_1675156042682601_3865662801001249534_n.jpg

Message 1 of 5 (366 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @xJaYenx,

To make sure we're on the same page here, it looks like there was some additional chat previously that's not appropriate to repeat here, so it may be worth checking through your emails just in case those were missed in the past. Those may help clarify the prior actions a bit more if there's further confusion.

Just to be clear, while certain replies may have templated responses, those are to ensure we're providing consistent and accurate information to people in specific situations. Each report is manually investigated by a separate member of the ToS team before any reply is sent out.

As far as this particular sanction, please do feel free to submit an additional appeal if you haven't already, and our ToS team can absolutely take another look at this most recent action. Afraid this isn't something we're able to review or change on the forums.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (328 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★★ Pro

At face value that does seem pretty harsh.  Not sure why you feel the need to type "wtf" or call your team mates "bots" though.  If it were me that you called a "bot" I wouldn't be reporting you, I would just hope to not cross paths with you again.  I feel that permanent bans should probably be reserved for the really abusive types or the cheaters to make a distinction between unacceptable behaviour and what could be described as just generally a little unpleasant. 

This is assuming you have told the whole story of course.  It is possible for people to use the chat in a constructive way you know!

Message 2 of 5 (346 Views)

★★★ Expert

Play on PS4. Nobody gets reported for anything including things they should be reported for.

Because Sony doesn't care, even if a crime is being committed.

Message 3 of 5 (335 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @xJaYenx,

To make sure we're on the same page here, it looks like there was some additional chat previously that's not appropriate to repeat here, so it may be worth checking through your emails just in case those were missed in the past. Those may help clarify the prior actions a bit more if there's further confusion.

Just to be clear, while certain replies may have templated responses, those are to ensure we're providing consistent and accurate information to people in specific situations. Each report is manually investigated by a separate member of the ToS team before any reply is sent out.

As far as this particular sanction, please do feel free to submit an additional appeal if you haven't already, and our ToS team can absolutely take another look at this most recent action. Afraid this isn't something we're able to review or change on the forums.

Mako.png
Message 4 of 5 (329 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_MakoSince I have changed e-mail address on my account i did not received anything beside codes.
Mails are probably still going to the old address, that's why I was not able to see them.

Hence I'm 100% sure I did not write anything racist or something that I would get offended if someone else would write it to me,
I will not bother here anymore, it was more of a discussion, less of cry for help.

Sadly you guys are only monitoring the chat not the voice chat, which is thousand more toxic than anything you can see on the chats.

Won't bother with any EA games anymore.

Feel free to close this topic.

Message 5 of 5 (313 Views)