Re: People who don't manually select their legends..

by Werawulfaz

Original Post

People who don't manually select their legends..

★★★ Pro

Do you not realize what a toxic and contagious behaviour this is?  I try to join every new match with enthusiasm and hope of having a good game for once, but then my teammates are so dead inside they aren't even bothered to pick a damn character and instead let the game auto select whatever for them. Then I get  jumpnaster because I'm the only one who picked and all my landing spot pings fall on deaf ears as I end up landing in the fist place that catches my eyes and they proceed to wander around with * for gear before getting wiped and leaving me alone. I'm making it a habit to leave squads that atleast one person doesn't manually pick which is annoying because I find myself spending more time in lobbies than actually playing the game.

If you don't have the energy to even pick your one trick characters then please put your game off and go outside for a bit, enjoy the sun or stars, look at the trees, get some fresh air and then come back and atleast TRY to show some moxie. Learn to spread good energy for once in your lives instead of making everyone around you miserable as well.

Message 1 of 40 (713 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Pretzelnutcake The game doesn't auto select anything if the legend you chose before starting a game is available. So who is the toxic guy here?
Message 2 of 40 (687 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Pretzelnutcake wrote:

Do you not realize what a toxic and contagious behaviour this is?  I try to join every new match with enthusiasm and hope of having a good game for once, but then my teammates are so dead inside they aren't even bothered to pick a damn character and instead let the game auto select whatever for them. Then I get  jumpnaster because I'm the only one who picked and all my landing spot pings fall on deaf ears as I end up landing in the fist place that catches my eyes and they proceed to wander around with * for gear before getting wiped and leaving me alone. I'm making it a habit to leave squads that atleast one person doesn't manually pick which is annoying because I find myself spending more time in lobbies than actually playing the game.

If you don't have the energy to even pick your one trick characters then please put your game off and go outside for a bit, enjoy the sun or stars, look at the trees, get some fresh air and then come back and atleast TRY to show some moxie. Learn to spread good energy for once in your lives instead of making everyone around you miserable as well.

Don't get what you're talking about? not manually picking only makes you pick you're already selected legend and it also hands over jumpmaster to whoever picks manually. What's the problem if maybe somebody don't wan't to be jumpmaster? 

Message 3 of 40 (665 Views)

★★ Pro

This seems like a minor thing... I don't see "toxic" in not picking a character if the one they choose in the lobby is available. It's more toxic to keep passing Jumpmaster to someone else in the ship and then trying to ping somewhere to go lol. Like if you know where you wanna go, just jump. 

Message 4 of 40 (660 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Pretzelnutcake wrote:

I'm making it a habit to leave squads that atleast one person doesn't manually pick which is annoying because I find myself spending more time in lobbies than actually playing the game.

Well you really do spend more time in lobby if you Indeed leave when people don't klick on the legends. It does take the same amount of time whatever you klick on the legends or not.

So leaving is a bit stupid and then also complain about it when going back to the lobby again by your own choice. 

Message 5 of 40 (648 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@jonesy0218I pass the jumpmaster and then suggest a location if you want to go there it's up to you if not then i'll follow you. I don't think it's toxic.

@Pretzelnutcake  Legends are selected from lobby and you can see your teammates legends just before character selection screen. Problem is sometimes it's fast you might miss it and i don't know what they'll pick.

Message 6 of 40 (641 Views)

★★ Pro

@SpyrosFPS wrote:
@jonesy0218I pass the jumpmaster and then suggest a location if you want to go there it's up to you if not then i'll follow you. I don't think it's toxic.

Yeah, that's cool... I just think if you have a location in mind, do your job and jump lol and in the case of this post, I'm just saying it's more "toxic" (but not really) to keep passing Jumpmaster than to "not choose a Legend at the beginning." Neither one is a big deal tbh.

Message 7 of 40 (637 Views)

★★★ Pro
I don't know how to explain it any better, not picking a character and waiting for the timer to end and automatically give you your one trick is to me atleast a sign that you aren't invested in that match, it's just another one in a whole line of jump/land/die routine and it's contagious which is why I called it toxic, is it really so damn hard to just hover over your pick and tap a button and show your team that you aren't AFK if nothing else?
Message 8 of 40 (622 Views)

★★ Pro

Or how about if I can play with multiple Legends and I'm on my phone, or in the bathroom, or eating, or performing open heart surgery, or whatever the case is? You're literally blowing something up that means nothing. It has nothing to do with not being invested. I can not choose a character and be the kill leader. It has nothing to do with how I'll perform in game. 

Message 9 of 40 (620 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I only need to pick if the character I want isn't pre set from the pre game lobby bruh. Also, I personally prefer not to be drop leader. 

Message 10 of 40 (616 Views)