Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: People who are bashing Bioware and Anthem for personal gain.

by SNTRLono

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I watch SNTR a lot and I can tell he is consructively criticizing Anthem and giving constructive feedback in his Videos. He clearly wants Anthem to succeed and be more generous with their Loot like Diablo 3. I listen to more of his Destiny Videos. Watched one the other day where he was talking about the Counter Intuitive and Convoluted Desiny’s Leveling System is and how to fix it. I left Destiny cause of how convoluted and counter intuitive their Leveling System is and talks about how the multi step process for Enhancement Cores is cancer. And I agree with him. 

Message 31 of 42 (212 Views)

★ Apprentice

I felt that ever since the ending of ME3 caused such outrage it has been somehow OK to bash Bioware. Then came MEA with the animation mess and it went into overdrive. I am not saying they don't deserve some of the criticism but it's been taken a bit too far. Hunting season is on when Bioware does anything at all anymore.

Message 32 of 42 (203 Views)

★★★★ Novice
OMG...I remember when Destiny came out. Legendary engrams were rare drops and exotics even more rare. I remember getting my first legendary engram. I was so super excited. I immediately dropped what I was doing and went to the tower to turn it into the cryptard. Oh the anticipation as I waited for my ship to land so I could make that mad dash to the cryptard to get my first piece of legendary gear. Then...I turned it in.....and got a blue item for it. Bungie took a bunch of criticism for this loot set up...you farmed engrams for hours and maybe got 2 or 3 legendaries, perhaps an exotic if you were lucky. But then you had to pay tribute to another RNGesus named cryptard if you wanted your purple to actually turn into a purple and not something else.

My point is that Bungie had a lot of issues getting Destiny right and then had the same issues getting Destiny 2 right. It wasn't until its 3rd DLC that they actually fixed either of their games.

Bioware is no different. It's a good game with a lot of potential but its offering a lot of new features and gameplay so its going to take some time for them to get things balanced.
Message 33 of 42 (201 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don't watch negative reviews on anything. Like life itself, I don't stand near people with negative energy, they will just drain you emotionally. (true story)

Same with any type of 'negative' videos. I'll take the positives and make my own consensus. 

Anthem has alot of potential. The biggest and I mean the BIGGEST issue with this game is the loot drop rate and it's inscriptions.

Masterwork items should have baselines of say 5% on any given roll or above.

Legendarys should have at least 10%, with an added inscription to show how how legendary the item is.

I have 5 legendarys, 3 of them I don't use because the rolls on my Masterwork items are far better. This here is a problem.

Message 34 of 42 (197 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes it is definitely true. Loot was dropping better before the patch. The devs confirmed this. I don't remember the Reddit post but you can find it. Also there is another bug from the patch that effecting masterwork embers as they do not drop as intended. I love Anthem. I play Anthem everyday for hours on end but this loot system is crap. I have gotten 3 legendary items since launch. There are countless others who have none. Was the game a disaster at launch hell yes it was. You couldn't even play the game half the time for disconnects and server errors. Who wants to play a game for the same garbage drops over and over. Kill a Titan...purple and blue..kill 12 legendaries farming caves purple purple purple. I feel like I'm watching reruns of Barney the dinosaur. If the devs would tweak the loot then the game would be amazing. As for now I'm done. I'll be moving on until I can find a worthwhile reason to play cause it sure isn't one now.

Message 35 of 42 (192 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Amni2g wrote:

I felt that ever since the ending of ME3 caused such outrage it has been somehow OK to bash Bioware. Then came MEA with the animation mess and it went into overdrive. I am not saying they don't deserve some of the criticism but it's been taken a bit too far. Hunting season is on when Bioware does anything at all anymore.

Its the unsanctioned reviewers on platforms like twitch or youtube. I mean take angryjoe as an example: He released a "review" where half of the content was misleading, wrong, unfair or outright lie. Simply because he didnt want to shoot footage from the final release so he used beta and early access footage instead. But of course he needed the more subs from the hate parroting.

Big companies right now dont know what to do with reviewers who got hundreds of thousands or even millions of followers. Anthem isnt the first game that is getting such a hate wave and while i think it is good to have the voice of the masses being able to hurt big corporate interest when deserved, should also be sanctioned to stop the lies and disinformation. It is way too easy to sell hate on the net right now and a lot of people will do anything to get more followers. I, for one, stopped watching reviewers (the best one, TB passed away last year anyway Frown ) and am watching real time twitch gameplay before purchasing any new title. Thats what i did before buying Dicision2: went to twitch, watched the gameplay on multiple channels for like an hour total, decided that its as much fun as watching paint dry.

Message 36 of 42 (170 Views)

★★ Apprentice

What exactly are the 'lies and disinformation' here, though.

It's eminently possible to pick up AJ on the odd factual inaccuracy or dated footage, but the overall review/score are based on what is overall, the reality - a generic, short story devoid of choice, and an endgame with a ridiculous lack of content.

That he's vitriolic because he realises it gets subs/views is, I'd agree, how stuff works these days (and, tbh, always has).

Imo Bioware deserve a chunk of the negativity purely "because they're Bioware", because they were also happy to use the reputation to get pre-orders "because they're Bioware". If you want to raise expectations massively, then deliver a painfully mediocre game, you can't complain about people being disappointed and a review backlash.

It's also the job of reviewers, and the community, to slam stuff that's a mess, because critique - no matter how blunt, undeserved, or debatable - is what improves things. Any message from the community that Anthem is 'ok', or that we're dumb enough to think it will be improved to a 90%+ game, is demonstrating to EA how stupid we are, and encouraging them to release bad games (or close/rush potentially good ones) coupled with empty promises.

Message 37 of 42 (152 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Spectre_01101 wrote:

What exactly are the 'lies and disinformation' here, though.

It's eminently possible to pick up AJ on the odd factual inaccuracy or dated footage, but the overall review/score are based on what is overall, the reality - a generic, short story devoid of choice, and an endgame with a ridiculous lack of content.

That he's vitriolic because he realises it gets subs/views is, I'd agree, how stuff works these days (and, tbh, always has).

Imo Bioware deserve a chunk of the negativity purely "because they're Bioware", because they were also happy to use the reputation to get pre-orders "because they're Bioware". If you want to raise expectations massively, then deliver a painfully mediocre game, you can't complain about people being disappointed and a review backlash.

It's also the job of reviewers, and the community, to slam stuff that's a mess, because critique - no matter how blunt, undeserved, or debatable - is what improves things. Any message from the community that Anthem is 'ok', or that we're dumb enough to think it will be improved to a 90%+ game, is demonstrating to EA how stupid we are, and encouraging them to release bad games (or close/rush potentially good ones) coupled with empty promises.

"Imo Bioware deserve a chunk of the negativity purely "because they're Bioware"" - Luckily you are not a "reviewer". After the ME:A fiasco, how exactly did BioWare use reputation for pre-orders? Were you forced to buy the game because its Bioware? Im pretty sure i pre-ordered after i tried the beta.

As for disinformation and lies: One example, angryjoe stated that there is no difference between low level and high level gear, they are all the same. I leave it to you to decide if this is disinformation or a lie. The guy clearly never seen a masterwork item. The footage he shown was showing green and white items only. And at the same time he was making assumptions on the endgame content?

Sure its good to have reviews, but who should i trust? angryjoe, downward trust or upper echelon releasing hate videos for more subscribers? Black Hokage defending the game but you cannot forget that hes in the EA Game Changers? Who is going to walk up to them and slap them in the face if they release hate videos or fanboy stuff? See this is why i wrote previously that i do not care about reviewers anymore and i rather watch uninterrupted gameplay footage on twitch instead. I dont need someone to tell me that a game is bad because its not the best game ever (angryjoe: "game is sht because it isnt like the scripted Battle of Freemark intro" o.O)

Message 38 of 42 (131 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's the internet. Controversy and drama gets clicks and views, nothing new under the sun there. Just ignore it, don't watch their videos/streams, that's what they want you to do. They want to either make you think they hate something you also hate so you come over and agree with them, or trigger you enough to make you come over and angrily disagree with them, either way they win, because you are watching them.

Message 39 of 42 (126 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Another thread full of lies about me. Folks, this guy literally got banned from twitter for harassing myself and Paul Tassi. He calls us Bungie shills and claims that we bash Anthem.

First, I am an EA Game Changer and all of my content and streams surrounding Anthem have been constructive and aimed at helping the game improve.

Second, I am not protecting Destiny by any stretch. I have been very consistently critical of Destiny lately due to the leveling system and flaws in the recent update.

This guy Mamascrack hangs out in my stream every day and harasses viewers with whispers, got banned from Twitter because of his incessant harassment, and also got banned from the Bungie forums for posting garbage like he posted here.

Message 40 of 42 (100 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help