Re: People quitting whilst drawing

by RockDokRock

Original Post

People quitting whilst drawing

★★ Novice

When are EA going to a dress this toxic culture where people are quitting the game when you bring the score back level so that you don’t get the win and have to play again. It’s a joke someone can quit on a penalty or goal scoring situation and they get the loss but you don’t get anything apart from lose a contract on players. Needs fixed ASAP!!! 

Message 1 of 5 (565 Views)

★★★ Pro

@shaunward199 It's the FIFA community.  We are our own worst enemy.

People enjoy being toxic.  I don't get it but it happens.  Just had a 5-1 loss that could easily have gone the other way (multiple posts and chances that didn't go in whilst anything he did worked).  It happens.  Just an unfortunate game.  But he took every chance to rub it in with celebrations and increasing ridiculous "skilling" and showboating (that he was bad at).  It was his day and not mine.  Not blaming the game but some people seem to take pleasure in going out of their way to make it suck as much as possible for you.

It's just kind of sad.  But it is what it is.  You're not going to change it and there is nothing EA can do about it.  That's on us.

Message 2 of 5 (489 Views)

★★ Novice

They can do something about it, if someone pauses and quits a game because you have drawn level or got a penalty and they get a loss but you don’t get anything, it’s happening more and more In champs where someone will quit just to make sure you don’t get the win against them, it should be an automatic win for you if they disconnect, why should the other player get punished along with the toxic player ? 

Message 3 of 5 (467 Views)

★★★ Pro

@shaunward199 I don't think anything really happens when someone quits.  If you are not winning you don't get the win.  If you were you *do* get the win so it's not like they can't tell.  I honestly don't know what the answer to that is or why they don't.  I mean if it was just checking results when a game ends then if you're winning you could just keep quitting to rack up wins.  There might be various reasons they have not implemented anything for this.

But, again, it's the community.  If we'd just grow up this would be much less of an issue.

Message 4 of 5 (439 Views)

★ Apprentice

Quitting on a draw is the new "META"...

In real football, if you don't play, you lose by 3-0. Simple.

Message 5 of 5 (340 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help