Re: People keep complaining about hackers, is this a pc/ps4 issue?

by ThyLordAngel

Original Post

Accepted Solution

People keep complaining about hackers, is this a pc/ps4 issue?

★ Guide

Title^ I've yet to run into one on the Xbox One. I 100% support punishment towards hackers, they ruin the multiplayer experience. It sucks being forced into that situation.

That being said, is this a ps4/pc issue? As I stated in my title, I don't think I've ever run into hackers while playing on my Xbox. I finally upgraded my pc and I want to switch over to pc, but I'm getting worried. 

Message 1 of 32 (796 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

well, since there is no crossplay-cross progression, might as well stick to xbox and avoid all the bs everyones dealing with :D

View in thread

Message 32 of 32 (556 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

I am up to 3 cheaters in a couple hundred games on ps4. 

Message 2 of 32 (780 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I think this issue is on PC platform only. Depending on your region, you will meet more or less hackers Standard smile

Console has its own problem too. It's called xim Standard smile To me, it's even worse than having cheaters in game because cheaters will get ban, xim users won't.

Message 3 of 32 (761 Views)

★★ Guide

It's much less of a problem than these forums would make you believe but it is surely a problem on PC. 

Of course this is region specific. Asian servers are jam packed with cheaters but in NA running into cheaters is not that common. I've seen less than 10 cheaters and I'm way past level 100.

It will get better. 

Message 4 of 32 (741 Views)

★ Guide
Glad to see what everyone has had to say, it helped me understand/see what's going on more. Seems like it's more of a pc thing.
Message 5 of 32 (708 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@ThyLordAngel wrote:
Glad to see what everyone has had to say, it helped me understand/see what's going on more. Seems like it's more of a pc thing.

The two posts above said it perfect. It's a combination of platform and region. On my UK data centre the cheater problem is far too small to be a deal-breaker. I still haven't had to face any obvious ones in my 140 hours and I very much know what cheaters are meant to look like.

However cheaters very much do exist. I've seen so from footage of players from other data centres. People on these boards will have you believe that the cheaters are non-stop, appearing back-to-back every single time they queue. I can't say they are wrong but you do see a lot of hyperbole being described as fact around here. For example "dead game" or "the devs are ignoring us" or "100 hours isn't very good for a FREE game". My favourite was a guy said that he hoped the game would die soon. Later that very same day he was back to streaming it on Twitch.

I assume that if the OP had to ask that question then they are probably not that big into the PC platform. Unfortunately I don't think there has ever been a game where the PC version has dealt with cheaters better than its console equivalent. Consoles are only meant to let you install what MS/Sony/Nintendo want you to install. With Windows and Linux the ability to customise whatever you want without any outside tampering is part of the appeal. Obviously this can get misused and it makes cheating a bit more accessible to the average idiot. That's the price we pay for maximum flexibility.

Message 6 of 32 (688 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@unogobangbang wrote:

I am up to 3 cheaters in a couple hundred games on ps4. 

Cheater on console? do you have footage of this?

The only "cheats" on console are from modded controllers. Aimbot/ESP/wallhacks and macros cannot be used on PS4 at all.

Message 7 of 32 (671 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Silz616 

It makes people feel better to say cheater when they come across one of the top tier console players it use to be people like shin deon and compact killer now it is people like thumbless aimbot and Gaga but anytime someone comes across people on there lvl that can raddle off 6 shots with the wingman and kill 3 people they just can’t accept it so they are cheaters

Message 8 of 32 (656 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@neillkorey wrote:

@Silz616 

It makes people feel better to say cheater when they come across one of the top tier console players it use to be people like shin deon and compact killer now it is people like thumbless aimbot and Gaga but anytime someone comes across people on there lvl that can raddle off 6 shots with the wingman and kill 3 people they just can’t accept it so they are cheaters

In fairness, some deaths can feel iffy on console, but it's just lag/latency that can make it "feel" like you have been cheated (killed super fast etc). I feel if Respawn can sort their servers/netcode problem out, a lot of the "cheater" accusations would stop.

I know you cannot cheat on console. The only way you can slightly "cheat" the system is with custom button config controllers. I use a standard genuine PS4 pad anyway.

Message 9 of 32 (650 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Silz616 wrote:

@neillkorey wrote:

@Silz616 

I know you cannot cheat on console. The only way you can slightly "cheat" the system is with custom button config controllers. I use a standard genuine PS4 pad anyway.

Custom controller ? how's about this :D?

https://xim.tech/xim/gaming-styles/

Message 10 of 32 (619 Views)