Re: People abandoning matches

by Ebbro2539

Original Post

People abandoning matches

★★ Novice

Hi all,

i jumped back after quite a while to Apex and i play a lot, as it is a very polished and fun game.

However, the more i play, the more i notice how huge an issue is people quitting mid-game for no reason.

- You took an item they wanted? - they quit

- They get downed? - they quit

- They get killed?- insta quit

- You don't rush to revive them while fighting 3 other people? - they spam ping and then they quit

- You don't jump to the point they marked? - they quit

I would like to see the statistics but i believe that if 50% of games were full squad from start to finish, that's a good number. (not to mention starting games already 1-2 pleyers down, but matchmaking is another topic and it doesn't happen as often as match abandoning)

After all these years (played s1 and 2 a lot) seeing that there is still nothing implemented to discourage this behavior while EA is boasting 4bn. $ sales numbers is hugely disappointing, as the game would be really fun.

One can hope tho...

Thank you.

Message 1 of 2 (155 Views)

Re: People abandoning matches

★ Novice

people leave matches for many reasons its not ok but it's a team game and some people don't play as a team. which makes me wonder how do you play,

- You took an item they wanted? - they quit (did they ping and say they had dibs? thats a big pet peeve of mine you call it out then your teammate steals it.)

- They get downed? - they quit (where did you land? where you guys communicating during the fight? people will leave if they break all shields down two of them and then just to get killed by the last member while you are off looting on another side of the map, you know not playing the team game. where are you at if they get downed?)

- They get killed?- insta quit IDK LOL

- You don't rush to revive them while fighting 3 other people? - they spam ping and then they quit (if someone spam pings someone when they are down i've learned that means they are about 3 shot. it's panic they don't know what to do only tip i can give is use your mic tell them to move some where safe. this way they know you haven't forgotten them and you can focus on fight while they crawl somewhere safe.)

- You don't jump to the point they marked? - they quit (if you mean when in the drop ship and they pass jumpmaster then ping where they want to go yes that stuff is annoying they are really doing you a favor so be happy maybe? in the end though team game stick with the group.)

you have different play styles the snipers the lets hide till all the squads are gone type the baldheaded wraiths. theres really no right or wrong but the big test of can you adapt to your teams play style? me i can't sit in the back with a sniper and i don't like only having 1 clip in the mag rushing every team only keeping 2 cells on you saying its ok we can just shield swap. i can't snipe but i can get a 4x spitfire, i can rush everyone but i can carry enough heals for me and little annie. comms are key  but not an open mic where we can hear you breathing for 30min with a cat purring....

you will always have random people doing random stuff only actual real advise is watch which times you play and what servers. people who are kill farming find a busy server go in play till there downed then back to lobby to do again.

so we are clear though, in no way is the actions of others your fault just make the best of the * who knows you may have fun. 

Message 2 of 2 (124 Views)