Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: People Saying Loot Buff Is Fake After Two Hours Of Play? What *_*

by MaireDevylin

Original Post

People Saying Loot Buff Is Fake After Two Hours Of Play? What *_*

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

So I'm trying to understand this because I'm really not getting the logic behind some people who are talking about drops here in the forms. I'm seeing people say how the loot is still trash because after trying for 2 hours or trying for an hour in this or that they haven't gotten a legendary drop. I don't get what makes people think that this would be the case. That they could just jump on and suddenly get a legendary much being flooded with them. They are legendary drops, the hardest to get in a looter shooter, grind game. I'm bot saying that legendary drops are working right because I myself have my own issues with them. But you shouldn't be getting a legendary every other match. They need to be rare. I mean the content lack is already bad enough as it is. To suddenly hand out the strongest gear in the game and everyone is going to start cry over the lack of content tenfold. I mean a 5-6 hour gap in between legendary drops is a reasonable time span, I just think they need to make legendary seem ore legendary, by making them have a minimum on all their inscriptions of the masterwork's max. So the inscriptions are of legendary quality is strength even if they are the worst inscriptions of the weapon. At least they'll be legendary for those inscriptions. But they shouldn't suddenly be a legendary in the first 1-3 hours you play. Grinding is part of the game. Things and power have to be earned, not handed out.

Message 1 of 27 (575 Views)

★★ Guide
Who are you talking about? Nowhere in the patch notes does it say that loot drop rates were increased in today's bug fix patch
Message 2 of 27 (545 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

no loot buff in this patch... waddafuq u talking about man? xD

legendaries should be rare i agree, only thing bad are the inscription rolls... got over 50 legendaries and 95% are total trash inscriptions, thats what needs a fix

Message 3 of 27 (529 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

When my items turn into embers it doesn't matter if or how much they buffed loot.

This patch missed some serious bugs introduced in the last patch.

If anything more people might be getting the bug now.

Message 4 of 27 (479 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yea - this was a 100% waste of time patch. No content, none of it was really needed, aside from the loot for other Javelins thing. WTF are you Biowhere people doing?

2 Hours GM1 Freeplay: (because GM2 and 3 are made for masochists)

Anthem Screenshot 2019.04.08 - 14.57.49.19.png

Are you effing kidding me with this? Oh and - not one Apex predator was seen. Quality Job BW, consistently crappy.

Message 5 of 27 (478 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Saying gm2 is for masochists makes no sense and the loot is so much better than gm1. I’ve been doing gm3 freeplay the last few days and it’s not hard at all. If I were running solo, I’d probably do gm2, but with a friend it’s a piece of cake. After 1.0.3 you can faceroll gm1.

Message 6 of 27 (419 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

[Removed by CM]

Message 7 of 27 (398 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Well, I just finished about an hour and a half of GM2 Freeplay, which is noticeably more difficult than GM1 and this was the KS result:

Anthem Screenshot 2019.04.08 - 16.10.25.47.png

I got less out of it and worked harder for it. I have no problem playing harder for the rewards but, there have to be some rewards to justify it. You'll notice, I have only three legendary items, and I don't use the Legendary gun, my MW gun is better, so, GM3 is straight out. One of two more lemons and GM2 won't be so bad.

Message 8 of 27 (395 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Banfilidh wrote:

Saying gm2 is for masochists makes no sense and the loot is so much better than gm1. I’ve been doing gm3 freeplay the last few days and it’s not hard at all. If I were running solo, I’d probably do gm2, but with a friend it’s a piece of cake. After 1.0.3 you can faceroll gm1.

Honestly, Leg drop rates in GM1 are horrible, which is to be expected...its GM1.

I run GM2-3. GM2 is a faceroll now and I have 0 issues soloing HOR GM2 with my storm, just takes time. 

Last night all GM2 4 hours 8 leg. 

Maybe if people want to see leg drops they need to get out of GM1, that difficulty is not meant to drop a ton of Leg and when people realize that they might start to get more drops.

NOW, quality of drops is another thing entirely. If they want to keep this drop rate fine by me, but make leg have minimum stats instead of rolling 10% dmg..... 

My thoughts are either leave inscriptions the way they are and increase drop rate by 2x (not falling from the sky but in 2 hours of GM2 SH runs I should see 4-6 leg) or make minimum inscription values so when they do drop we get decent numbers on the rolls, even if they are not the specific inscription we want, at least its not complete trash.

Message 9 of 27 (394 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

@Loki_Deezie 

I've never gotten a Legendary on GM2. All of mine have been from GM1.

One of my old bosses once told me that if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have none.

Message 10 of 27 (376 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help