Penalty for Respawn/EA (not player penalty)

by SxyAlphaBeastNJ

Original Post

Re: Penalty for Respawn/EA (not player penalty)

★ Guide

@jonesy0218 

"You're very bitter about this subject, and it shows lol. "

No, I am not bitter, I have asked this question for weeks now and have yet to get a logical answer on why it shouldn't be. So please, do not mistake "Bitter" for frustration with people arguing against solo's, but not giving a logical and sound reason for not having them. Cause the truth, it only comes across as either "I'm not good enough to win on my own" or, "It shouldn't be in the game cause I said so".. Not saying that is what you are saying, just pointing out that is how it comes across most of the time from people.

"But isn't that what you want? For nobody to "hold you back?""

Absolutely. I want to know that if I lost a match it's because of my own mistake. Not because teammates are clueless. Not because respawn failed to give me a team. Not because teammates left.. I want that failure to be on me.

"Imagine playing vs. 59 other players in solos on this little map. In no world would you survive vs. 10 other people on your own. "

See here is where you lose grips on reality.. In no world would I be fighting 10 people simultaneously. 1, 2, maybe 3? I could agree to that, but not 10. 10 people against me would mean that those kill hungry players have put aside any urge to just go crazy and to focus on me.. Think logically. Do you really see the 3rd person running to the fire fight stopping and saying "You know, those other 2 guys are fighting that one. Instead of getting the drop on them, I will join in on their fight and go after the one guy". Which would have to be the same mentality as players 4, 5, 6,7,8, 9 and 10 for your scenario to work.

Just wouldn't happen.

"As a developer, you have to think about every possible scenario. With an ultimate like Gibraltar or Bangalore, you have to think about the resources being used at once. That's a lot of back end stuff that you clearly don't understand."

Agreed, you do.. So why are there only a few "High Tier Loot" area's? As a developer, wouldn't they worry that at some unlikely point/event, EVERYONE, meaning all 60 players, would drop in the same exact location.. Wouldn't that kind of melee crash a server? So why haven't they done anything to prevent that from happening?

Because it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY TO EVER HAPPEN.. Same with "Every player using their ultimate at the same time"..

"Clusters? You're literally the only one that has that much confidence in the "clusters" of buildings"

Do yourself a favor. Get a pen and paper and drop swamps 10 times. Loot it till circle 1 starts to close. Now head west through the gap in the mountain. To the right are 3 supply stashes that are pretty much never touched. To the left is a "CLUSTER" of buildings (4 in total) with about 5 supply stashes which are pretty much never touched. Just up the hill, outside of BRIDGE is another 3 supply stashes that are almost never touched.

Drop swamps 10 more times, loot and head up to DAM. Again, more times then not it's untouched.

Drop RUN OFF, there is a cluster of buildings to the west there that are normally untouched. There are countless places that go untouched till the 3rd circle. So yes, there is enough places to find loot for 60 players.

"nowhere have I mentioned kills, being a "Shroud wannabe," etc."

I never said you mentioned it. My point was that is how players are playing, as if they were the next Shroud, when in fact they are not.

"If they have a whole game mode right now with issues, I can't imagine TWO game modes with issues."

I think you missed the point somewhere along the line.

What are the issues right now with Squads?
Bad teammates
People quiting the game
Teammates going off on their own
Teammates not reviving you
Teammates waiting till you die, then looting your box
Teammates not communicating

Aren't these just some of the issues players are complaining about? and that's based on SQUADS. So how exactly doesn't SOLO's end those issues? Out of the 6 I just mentioned, tell me one that would still be an issue in a SOLO mode. Just 1.

"And LOL at you "demanding solo's" ("Ask any player that has been demands/begging for solo's."). I'm sure Respawn is looking at your comment right now saying, "I better get on that. SxyAlphaBeastNJ is demanding another change.""

You are a funny little person. See trying to manipulate what I say to support your argument will never work.. Cause I will always say one simple thing

Show me where I said I demand this?

Ohhh look at that, you can't. Why? Cause I have never DEMANDED it. I have discussed it, I have pointed out how it's a benefit to the community, I have even given suggestions on how it could be implemented, but I have never demanded it. Others have tho, just look at the forums, and that is who I was speaking about.

You should really not try and put words in others mouth, it just makes you look unintelligent.

"It's ridiculous. You can give feedback but you have to be able to see both sides. Until then, your whiny threads are pointless."

Why is it when a person debates off of facts and logic, those that know they can't win the argument always go to the "Whiny" insult?

And to clear the rest up. I have looked at it from both sides. And the benefits of a solo most definitely outweigh the possible problems. An idiot can see that. Less backlash from the community, more people actually ENJOYING the game, moe positive results which result in a new found popularity.

I have friends that stopped playing APEX altogether because there are no solo's. They have all gone back to Blackout. And more players will follow. Fortnite is implementing key aspects of this game into that. Now why would they do that? To draw their players back from here. And hate to break it too you, those 6 issues I listed are the reasons they will go.

So you keep disregarding facts about what's needed in this game for it to continue to be the game it could be. I'll keep up with my "whiny pointless threads" on what I believe the game should do to be better. And at some point, SOLO's will be added, or maybe not. If they are, horrible players will leave cause they will know they can't cut it against actual skill. If not, skilled players will leave to play games that understand what's needed in the battle royal gaming world..

Either way, one of us will be leaving...

Message 11 of 11 (57 Views)