Re: Peacekeeper with or without precision choke?

by jumanjaydazed

Original Post

Peacekeeper with or without precision choke?

★★★ Novice

I wanted to talk about this as players I play with get confused. Me personally do not like the choke on my peacekeeper for the reason you lose damage points. Those who do not know this when you put the choke on you gain far range but lose damage. Depending on what your other gun is and how you play using a choke may differ...when I usually use a peacekeeper I have an r301 or a wingman which would be used for range and would rather pull peacekeeper out for close combat doing more damage without aiming down sights. Just wanted to give some info as people are confused about choke. I'm currently ranked 206 in the world check me out on twitch if you like. Thanks 

Message 1 of 7 (9,029 Views)

★★★ Novice

The actual damage drops from 100 to 70 when choke is put on peacekeeper....

Message 2 of 7 (9,027 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I would still prefer the choke on it. The choke controls the spread so much better that while you may lose overall damage points, you're hitting more accurately to make up for it. 

Message 3 of 7 (8,956 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@W1nterIsCom1ng5 

The Peacemaker is one of my regular weapons along with the Peacekeeper, and over the weekend I was wondering why sometimes it doesn't seem to feel right. I reckon I must get better results without the choke, but I'm going to test it. I'll do the same with the Triple Take which I don't particularly use over long ranges. I find this sort of thing quite interesting. Thinking

Message 4 of 7 (8,938 Views)

★★★ Novice

The peacekeeper will differ from each user depending how you use it. If your using it as your main and need to reach out then ya you might want the choke. But me personally is it from 5 to 20 feet in the game and would prefer more damage over choke....if I want to reach out distance I prefer r301 or wingman headshots. That is my play style in which each player is different.....as far as peacekeeper feeling funny did you mean ghost hitmarkers I think this is a different issue that is being worked on ....

Message 5 of 7 (8,925 Views)

★★★ Expert

@W1nterIsCom1ng5 wrote:

I wanted to talk about this as players I play with get confused. Me personally do not like the choke on my peacekeeper for the reason you lose damage points. Those who do not know this when you put the choke on you gain far range but lose damage. Depending on what your other gun is and how you play using a choke may differ...when I usually use a peacekeeper I have an r301 or a wingman which would be used for range and would rather pull peacekeeper out for close combat doing more damage without aiming down sights. Just wanted to give some info as people are confused about choke. I'm currently ranked 206 in the world check me out on twitch if you like. Thanks 

Not to mention the loud sound the Choke makes, which often alerts enemies not to walk through a certain doorway in fights inside buildings.

I dislike the choke too (not for triple take tho) then again, I don't like the peacekeeper at all. I'd always prefer R99 for close range.

Message 6 of 7 (8,892 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@W1nterIsCom1ng5 

without  100%

I'm currently ranked 205 "in the world", but for some reason you can't see my stats Raised eyebrow

Heart

Message 7 of 7 (8,877 Views)