Pay to Win

by TAllenSr

Original Post

Re: Pay to Win

Champion (Retired)

No, you dismantle for Sparks.  You earn gems by watching videos and completing missions and challenges, meaning you can get the same things you would spend money on.  Gems are the currency you pay for to complete premade decks, but you can absolutely get them for free, forever, in large quantities.  That's not even a debate.  It's a fact.

Message 21 of 58 (952 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Never said you could not do that. Again, I am just talking about the "back door" where you can BUY ... with real money (which is converted to Gems) ... any specific cards you want for a fixed price you know in advance. That is the ONLY thing I am suggesting they change. Actually, I don't even want them to change it. I was talking about the "early days" when buyers had a HUGE advantage because the rest of us had not had enough time to grind to the same level. And even that was not that bad had it not been promoted as "The most balanced Free to Play game ever". Actually, they called it, "Free to Play Done Perfectly -- Finally".

No reason to keep going back and forth -- either you understand the extremely narrow example I am talking about, and the long-past time frame I was discussing it within -- or you don't.

Message 22 of 58 (950 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Sure, but that's a back door even f2p players can use.   So again, how would you moneize it?  You're failing to understand that the premium currency is only pay to get a bit faster, which is you could do buying decks as well, and without the ability to do that, f2p players would be stuck replying on kick to match those whovew spent money too get everything.  This is actually less 22nd than the way you are describing.

Message 23 of 58 (946 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Not only that, it's about the least cost effective way to get the cards you want.  I'm far from f2p and would never pay to complete a premade set.  Doesn't even cross my mind.  If rather but packs and spark then out.  More value that way ..  which is again, something every f2p player can do, albeit more slowly.  

The only thing people who are paying are buying is a very short jump start on cards.  Which...  Is still better than every other ccg/tcg in existence . That's why they say this game for this genre is f2p done right.  If you want to see the standard, you really should dl hearthstone.  It's a fun game, but you'll certainly miss the freebies here when you start playing against players that put money in

Message 24 of 58 (944 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Not quite ... the prices in Gems I have seen for completing the premade packs do not equate to having to generate 4,000 sparks per Legendary by buying random and disassembling them. Even if it was, it would still at least smell like buying an edge with dollars.

I appreciate all your info and feedback ... it does make me feel a little better. :-)

Message 25 of 58 (943 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi folks , sorry to say , now I do not have the problem you discuss . I can only confirm each can get the maximum capacity of all cards , both plants and zombies without real money spent . Just watch the video and win the challenges and online games  , spend gems on packs,  convert excessive cards to sparks and create  what ever card you need. I have another problem , having all cards 1004 plants and 1008 zombies I do not know what to do next , on what I can spend gems  .

Message 26 of 58 (861 Views)

★ Pro

You can hope, that they will release new cards in near future Standard smile

Message 27 of 58 (835 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Clarify - when you say soon after game launch, you mean 2 years ago? You posted this 2 weeks ago - so you've been having this issue for 2 years?

I haven't spent any money and have at least 1 of every card. You don't need 4 of the same legendary to win. I'm not a super player but somewhere around 35-42 each season. It's enough. I lose to level 10s and beat 50s sometimes.

If you want a legendary, get 4000 sparks and buy 4 of the same kind. You'll find that doesn't help your chances of winning than having variety.

Message 28 of 58 (806 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

No one said I had a "problem winning". I am level 50 in the tourneys within a week or two of the start of the new tourney. And as I have said earlier, I have a good collection. The whole "at launch" comment was to point out that people MUST have bought them then because they had NO TIME to "grind" them out like you, I, and others have done since then. It was simply a comment about my feelings on the ability to buy whatever card you want ... I think that should not be an option.

Message 29 of 58 (780 Views)

Champion (Retired)

At launch players could not but the cards in the way that bothers you, only packs.  They spent money on many packs to get those cards, or break down cards they didn't need to craft them.  

You're assuming people use that garbage system you don't like (but that is still f2p friendly) to buy individual cards, but it really is an incredible waste of money to do so, especially when gems are free.

Message 30 of 58 (768 Views)