Pay to Win

by TAllenSr

Original Post

Re: Pay to Win

★★★★★ Apprentice

@valandorn wrote:
That's 10x real price you dummie

First of all, there is zero reason to call people names on a game board. WTH?

Second, I can do math. $99.99 for 15,000 jewels = 150 jewels per $1, or $0.0067 cents per jewel. So what, precisely, is "10x real price" then? Even the MOST expensive bundle -- 200 for $1.99 -- is $0.00995 cents each (basically a penny each).

Message 11 of 58 (1,009 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Just make a budget deck I have a reduced amount of cards yet I always get to taco 49 and I have a decent enough winning ratio so no need to be grumpy dumpy! (0 plants cards and less than a 100 zombie cards)

Message 12 of 58 (1,004 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@valandorn wrote:

Just make a budget deck I have a reduced amount of cards yet I always get to taco 49 and I have a decent enough winning ratio so no need to be grumpy dumpy! (0 plants cards and less than a 100 zombie cards)

Not grumpy at all ... no need to call names. You clearly have not read my original post or any of the comments. I have LOTS of cards, and I win all the time. Totally not the point. Take care.

Message 13 of 58 (1,000 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@TAllenSr wrote:

@daalnnii wrote:

Buy a legendary directly?  When did that become a thing?  The only way even remotely close that that I'm aware of is when you choose to complete premade decks...  Which can be done with in game currency.

Yeap ... that is exactly how you do it. Find the Legendary you want in a premade deck, click "Complete Deck", and when the price in jewels comes up, you can buy enough jewels with real money. So yes, very easy to pay with dollars to directly buy the card(s) of choice that you want ... including Legnedary ones.

Sure, I get your point, but...

While valendorn could have said it without ad hominem, he does make a point, that's crazy expensive with money if you do it with every deck.  Especially considering you can likely save up a good enough amount of gems to do that in a month yourself when a season starts and your diligent in getting all the possible gems.  That only gets faster the more devices you can watch ads from.  So you're paying a good amount to unlock cards faster that you can get relatively quickly for free.

Also...  Somebody has to pay for the game. You notice how there haven't been any new cards or updates in a while?  You think that would be the case if they were making a lot of money?  You want to take away one of their few avenues of making that cash because a person can finish it their deck a few weeks earlier?  

I'd also submit to you that opening those multipacks and creating the cards is a more from those you dismantled is probably a more efficient way if getting the legendaries you actually want.  Sure you may get a free more cards that you didn't have, but you'll get that from free multipacks as well; but you'll have nothing to dismantle for Sparks, and just if those decks are pretty trash anyways, so you likely won't use the free cards you overpaid for.

Message 14 of 58 (980 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@daalnnii wrote:

Sure, I get your point, but...

...that's crazy expensive with money if you do it with every deck...

Absolutely ... I have said since my OP that is nuts that people will spend the money they do. And the fact that some players had all those Legendary within days of launch prove people are willing to do so. I am not "hurt" by it ... just don't think it should be an option.

Message 15 of 58 (968 Views)

Champion (Retired)

So since we both seem to be in agreement that you 1.  Can absolutely win without spending money, and 2. Still get the cards quickly without spending money; i'd say the title is a bit deceptive, since you can both win and fill out decks easily and quickly without money.

But, that being said.  This is a business.  How would you monetize the game, since your against buying cards?

Message 16 of 58 (958 Views)

★ Guide

You are absolutely correct. I’ve spent hundreds on this game and lost it all because I did not back up the game. Pop cap eventually gave me credit, but I will never get my moneys worth because they are not issuing any new cards. I just did not have the sentence at the beginning To wait

Message 17 of 58 (954 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@daalnnii wrote:

But, that being said.  This is a business.  How would you monetize the game, since your against buying cards?

I feel like I am repeating myself here, but I will try to say it again ... I am ALL FOR buying cards. And I am ALL FOR the developers making money. Hell, I want them to get RICH making the game better and better.

What I am against, and what I was very specific and consistent about, is the ability to say, "I want THAT card", and being able to buy it directly. Especially the super-rare Legendary cards.

As far as the misleading title, I disagree. It in no way says, "HAVE TO PAY to Win". It just says, "Pay to Win". Meaning you CAN pay to win.

Message 18 of 58 (952 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I completely disagree.  Anyone f2p players or paying players can dismantle it use the extreme amount of free gems they get to craft any card they like.  

The way you want it, it would come down to dumb luck.  So what happens when you face that okay that's luckier than you and had all the legendary cards to complete a high level deck, or just suck enough in to buy until the set was complete?  You'd have far less chance of being able to keep up with paying players.  

It's far not balanced with everyone being able to craft those cards.  That is probably the least p2w option in the game.  Everyone can dismantle cards they don't use from free gems to build whatever they like.  So basically everyone can buy whatever legendary cards they need.  Without that, only the highest spending and luckiest players would get wins.

You're acting like you need to spend money for gems, but you can get an almost unlimited about for free depending on how many devices you play with that account on, and easily over 3k in a couple weeks if you're diligent.  So everyone literally had the option to use this function, not just paying players

Message 19 of 58 (947 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I guess we will have to agree to disagree then. Dismantling to get gems and build is not the same as buying them directly, and in my proposed scenario, you would STILL be able to dismantle all you want and craft SPECIFIC cards. So not sure where your "could randomly get the worst cards" scenario comes into play.

Message 20 of 58 (940 Views)