Re: Pay to Win

by daalnnii

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Gabochido wrote:

Just wanted to say one more thing. I would suggest you refrain from referring to people who spend money frivolously on games as idiots.

I get your point, but I still personally think anyone spending $1,000 on a casual mobile game is an idiot. No one has posted saying that was them, so I don't think anyone here is offended. And those who would probably don't care enough about the game to engage in conversations to make it better. :-)

And I just spent $150 on an Ember Travel Mug to keep my coffee at exactly the temp I like (133 F is my preferred). I am ready to be called an "idiot" for that frivolous investment, especially by someone to whom $150 is a lot of money. So I can take it too. ;-)

Message 51 of 58 (1,208 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I'm one of them, I just don't take offense.  😋

Message 52 of 58 (1,190 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I didn't read all the comments completely. I just wanna say my opinion about the pay-to-win: this game is not. I play from 2 years and i have like every zombie card, but at most i don't use to build deck. It's easier to build a good deck with some super rare and event. It's different for the plants, where decks full legendary exist (indeed i think most of legendary plants should be fixed) but the game is pretty near to a play-to-win than to a pay one.
Message 53 of 58 (1,056 Views)

★★★ Guide

I’d like to add some un-asked for opinion with unnecessary hyperbole.

The premade strategy decks aren’t worth their weight in virtual currency.

I’ve never been tempted to buy one and have never felt envious of anyone who has. My hope is that my opponent is using a premade; I feel comfortable beating any of them.

My collection is nowhere near complete. As a Zombies first free-to-play man with no interest in Berries or Valkyrie, this has never hampered my “success,” which is relatively easy to achieve in PvZ with a bit of tenacity.

Message 54 of 58 (1,029 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@daalnnii One reason I stopped my ea subscription.
And I play overwatch with is still a pretty fair game and currently my favourite game.
Message 55 of 58 (674 Views)

★ Apprentice

That answered response was the best thing I have read Today. It is true this game is one of the best CCG I have played. (And I have lots of Pokémon cards) It's got editors choice and has lots of great reviews. I don’t mean to go off topic but we really need this game back EA. I’ve said it a lot but it’s for a good reason. This game is fantastic and it deserves more attention. I’ve got half the heroes on both sides and completed every deck and pushing for UL. I’m not gonna give up on this game and neither should EA nor popcap nor anybody who truly loves pvz and CCG’s!

Message 56 of 58 (642 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@TAllenSr Though many memes say that PvZ heroes is another EA’s p2w game, it is NOT actually. Newcomers buy packs with real money means it is a NORMAL card game. EA DOSEN’T have to give you a f2p game. Plus, the balancing is very well here, even newcomers can beat the decks with many legendaries, using f2p decks like Easy peasy. EA left this game behind because they can get no more money out of it—a balence game.
Message 57 of 58 (404 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@4q2k9212wjli The easiest way of winning:When Fry em up posts a video, everyone will be using that deck, and found the deck’s biggest enemy.
Message 58 of 58 (365 Views)