Re: Pathfinders Nerf

by drpep05

Original Post

Pathfinders Nerf

★★★ Novice

I don’t really think I am the best person to be saying this but a 35 grapple cool down time is a little to much especially with a new legend like Loba who can now get places quicker and the cool down time is 30 seconds. As a pathfinder main I think the cool down time should be decreased to 20 or 25 seconds to balance pathfinder with Loba. No hate to ea and respawn  just a idea I had. 

Message 1 of 31 (940 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the post, and yes that's a fairly popular sentiment right now. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 31 (926 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@drpep05 Pathfinder tactical should have more cooldown time than Loba's. Grapple>teleportation any day of the year.
Message 3 of 31 (907 Views)

Champion
@drpep05 Paths grapple is much better than lobas so his cool down time should not be less.
Message 4 of 31 (896 Views)

★★★ Novice

I do think pathfinder can be OP with his grapple but 35 seconds takes the fun out of him. With 20 or 25 seconds we would be able to do more with him like positioning and evading but now with the cool down being 35 seconds and there being low profile there’s no point in playing him.

Message 5 of 31 (882 Views)

★★ Pro

20 to 25 seconds changes nothing. 35 seconds is perfect.

Good job Respawn.

Message 6 of 31 (861 Views)

@EA_David can u ask the devs what they thought was gonna happen with that absurd nerf that none of these people asked for, including the ones lying saying they did ask

Message 7 of 31 (829 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_David Not with me!! I'm so glad you nerfed Pathfinder!! I'm not saying this because he needs it, I'm saying this because I suck, and Pathfinder mains are stupid to deal with.
Message 8 of 31 (819 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes you're right nobody should be rewarded for gaining skill with a character if it hurts your experience one time.

Message 9 of 31 (804 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

The reason people play pathfinder is because of his own tactical and now it’s too easy to kill him with low profile. And it’s not fun seeing your favorite character have a giant nerf put in them. The point of pathfinder was for him to have the best mobility like the point of Gibraltar is to put down cover and be defensive with the 35 second nerf pathfinder doesn’t have a a purpose or any advantage over anybody. And a 20 to 25 second cool down would even that out. And if people don’t like how he is so quick and can is very mobile then either switch your main or use your main as a advantage.

Message 10 of 31 (778 Views)