Pathfinder tips!

by EA_David

Original Post

Re: Pathfinder tips!

★ Guide

For my weapons I put the vintage heat sink and double mod slot augments. Vintage heat sink reloads fast and using the soldier profile and clip size perks vs extra ammo perks helps negate the -40% clip size. I use this on all my guns save the Remnant which already have it inherently.

Use the receiver modules if available. Enemies love to hide behind things and you can now hurt them even when hiding, albeit at a reduced rate. If using assault rifles you'll need a stabilizing stock.

Crafting starts slow but you can make much more effective weapons and armor. Due to limited research points, pick what weapons/armor suits you best and focus on those; if you don't play with a Krogan Hammer don't waste points on it. For me it was the X-5 Ghost and Hyperguardian armor (I play the soldier profile). 

Use cover, especially since your shield recharges far faster. There's a reason the game has two powers devoted to creating barriers/shields when cover isn't available. Of course you can do run and gun if you want.

As mentioned above: get the forward bases and clear the vaults as early as you can as it greatly aids exploring and you won't have to worry about the nomad/character shields nearly as much.  

When getting weapons you won't use deconstruct them. The items you get in return will be more valuable then what its sold for. This is especially important earlier in the game when resources are scarce and probably the best way to get eezo and vanadium both of which are pricey in the markets.

Use the APEX system; it's a good secondary source of resources especially before you get the cryopods unlocked. 

Focus on passive perks early. Even if you don't use a power set, ie. biotics, you can still get a passive boost to your shields. Same with tech, and combat improves health. You'l greatly increase your chance of survival as Ryder's shield and health stats are pretty low to start. Many powers/abilities gain passive bonuses the more perks you spend in that category. 

Message 11 of 12 (1,681 Views)

Re: Pathfinder tips!

★★★ Newbie

Nice tip and I'm gonna enjoy this game than Apex Legends because that game was really bad on PS4.

Message 12 of 12 (1,405 Views)