Pathfinder Passive Rework

by SheepsKing

Original Post

Pathfinder Passive Rework

★ Guide

Ok, so I really don't play Pathfinder at all, but my brother has been since season 1 and something he says pretty often is that Pathfinder has one of the worst passives. I don't really get a lot of use from it, and most of the few Pathfinders I play with just skip it entirely. One thing my brother does like to do though, is instantly rush to any fight he hears going on, so how about making that easier? I was thinking that after using a survey beacon would affect your squad's maps to show enemy squad concentration. Like a weather map, with colors varying depending on how many squads are in a location. This would only last like 5-10 seconds and I think that survey beacons would have to have a cooldown time like charge towers so you cant just watch from one spot. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 2 (295 Views)

Re: Pathfinder Passive Rework

★★★★ Pro
@SheepsKing I think Pathfinder’s new passive should actually be an easy to use “passive”/“automatic” ability. As it stands now, the beacon is extremely situational and players have to go out of their way (sometimes risking death) to activate one. Compare this to the other passives in the game, which require little to no effort from the player to utilize.

So in that regard I am not sure what direction they should go with Pathfinder. I have heard a lot of zipline related abilities which makes sense. Honestly a super easy and effective (without being OP) passive could be

Zippity Zip: Pathfinder has increased movement speed while on Ziplines. This would give him a little more mobility back after that strong grapplehook nerf.
Message 2 of 2 (271 Views)