Pathfinder Nerf

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
    This has been resolved.
Message 1 of 10 (737 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Pathfinder Nerf

Champion
@DarthValtrex Exactly right. Much like Octanes who spam the stim paths grapple was a spam fest for loot goblins and people who were not patient.

Anyone decent can still take advantage of path now.

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (614 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Pro
@XxFireBountyXx
No, Pathfinder was ruining the game.
I hated pathfinders, it was cheating!
Pathfinder was able to burst ambush squads with his grapple hook.
Then escape to high in a pinch with in 12 seconds.
It was annoying because any players could use him and have an unstoppable advantage.
It was not skill; it was cheating.
This is karma.
Message 2 of 10 (693 Views)

Champion
@XxFireBountyXx Kinda late on this as there have been many threads. Your two proof videos are a bit crap. They probably could have made it like 30 seconds. I still see a lot of people using him so he isnt useless.
Message 3 of 10 (690 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor And he needs to polish his grapple if he can hit only 25 meters in one grapple. Tongue out
Message 4 of 10 (663 Views)

@XxFireBountyXx I don’t think he is a complete joke now. He is just going to take some adjustments in game play.

One of the top players I follow on youtube mains path. He had a bit of a legend crisis when the nerf first hit. But he is adapting his game play for the nerfed pathfinder. He has spoken in detail about how path is still decent, but that he has to be more cautious with his grapple use. It’s really changed the grapple to a you commit to what ever you use the grapple for. If you use it to push a fight you commit to that fight. If you use it for an exit, you commit to the exit.

Could the nerf have gone to far? Possibly, But let’s see how it plays out. Let’s see where path lands as path mains adjust to less frequent grapples.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 10 (627 Views)

Champion
@DarthValtrex Exactly right. Much like Octanes who spam the stim paths grapple was a spam fest for loot goblins and people who were not patient.

Anyone decent can still take advantage of path now.
Message 6 of 10 (615 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@XxFireBountyXx wrote:

To be honest, pathfinder didn’t deserve this nerf. Honestly, it’s kind of a joke now. He did need a nerf, but not a 20 second nerf. Sure he was annoying at times but now he has to wait 35 seconds to grapple only 25meters. That’s really stupid. If he had maybe a 22 second cool-down, that would of been better. I have been maining pathfinder for 3 and a half seasons and I have never had this bad of a nerf. He is completely a JOKE now. EA and RESPAWN*, listen to us. He didn’t deserve this. Nobody would like if every legend in the game got a 20 second cool down nerf, would they now? Why Pathfinder. You could of done Crypto, Octane, or even Loba. But you choose Pathfinder. He is not the Pathfinder we know now. Respawn, you have made a huge mistake. Huge. Mistake. There will be no more path mains and I personally will not main path until he gets the buff he deserves. Even Chris Edgerly said in a tweet to give him 35 seconds to grapple over there to defend why Pathfinder is the best legend in the game. Chris Edgerly Making Fun Of Pathfinders Nerf

Path was one of the best legends in the game to one of the worst legends in the game. You will only see one or two path mains in a game now because of this. Even popular YouTuber Zylbrad, complains how pathfinder is a joke now. (Go sub if not yet: Zylbrads Video: so pathfinder is a JOKE now in apex legends)

thank you for your time reading this and have a good day

And EA/Respawn, please give Pathfinder a buff. He needs one.

And EA/Respawn, I’m not hating on y’all but this is kinda ridiculous.

This is nonsenses and completely untrue. Pathfinder is the second most picked legend in season 5 and the data comes from Respawn. He still have one of the best K/D/R, [Admin - Removed]

And Pathfinder was legend that get away with so much, for so long. He was top 2 legend, from the beginning, while Wraith was taking a nerf after nerf.

Not to mention Pathfinder hitbox is very tricky, and his head is none existed, which is insane + for him.

Pathfinder is still a heavily picked legend and he is a top 5 legend for sure.

Now lets move to your other suggestion, why they move Loba or Octane, you joking right? They just introduce Loba, how in the blue hell you want them to nerf her? Not to mention she is perfectly fine. 
Lets move to Octane, a less picked legend, and its pure garbage outside of his stim. Zero usefulness for the team, and he got a zero pick from high to top to pro level of players.

His Jumppad is a joke of a ultimate, worst in the game by far, the only thing you will get with it is getting killed.

[Admin - Removed]

Message 7 of 10 (595 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@XxFireBountyXxIf pathfinder is a joke with 35 second grapple, then following the same logic, wraith is a total utter complete joke with her 35 second Q too.

Pathfinder is doing just fine (if you can call one of the best legends for ranked/competitive "just fine"). Stop using grapple on cooldown for no reason.

P.S. I personally enjoy current pathfinder much more than I did before. I don't feel "forced" to waste the grapple just to move faster so in result I always have it when I really need it now.

Message 8 of 10 (550 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@XxFireBountyXx Path isn't bad even after the heavy nerf. Been playing lifeline almost exclusively this season and had my first match with him today in ages getting 17kill, 3.4k damage in diamond lobby so he's still viable if used correctly.

Going back to the basics and prioritising movement, aim, positioning ect instead of getting complacent and relying on the abilities does wonders when you step back in with them.
Message 9 of 10 (528 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@XxFireBountyXx If he's so bad why do i still see tons of them dominating most of my matches still? He clearly isn't bad by any means necessary so please stop lying and saying he's currently trash. Do you wanna know who really deserves buffs? Lifeline buffs right now. Her tactical cooldown is still too long and D.O.C's healing is a bit too slow.

Message 10 of 10 (478 Views)