Re: Pathfinder Hitbox

by Silz616

Original Post

Pathfinder Hitbox

★★ Novice

Hey there,

Yesterday I really had a problem with pathfinders hitbox.

I know his hitbox got fixed in one of the last patches, but now it’s like shooting a Blade of Grass.

also I have seen many clips, even from good Players, who just shoot between his legs and I think this should be reworked.

in comparison to Gibraltar or Caustic is this hitbox a joke. And i think this isn’t fair anymore. Every legend has the same health and movement stats, but I think pathfinders hitbox is too thin.

i don’t say that they should bring his old hitbox back, but increase the current a bit.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 34 (1,422 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Pathfinder can be a bit frustrating to hit. Try aiming for the screen in the middle of his chest. Never get into a Pathfinder versus Pathfinder shootout because those last for ages. You'll be old and weary before it's over. 

Message 2 of 34 (1,396 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I think it's not a reg issue but rather a visual display issue. Because most of the times i shoot at a Pathfinder i don't see registered hits displayed on my screen but he still goes down. I mostly play Pathfinder as well and when people shoot at me i go down as fast as any other character so it must just be a visual confirmation bug.

Message 3 of 34 (1,386 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Payne-TK  It's a hitbox issue! they changed his hitbox and now it's stupidly difficult to hit him.

Respawn creating more issues with their rare patches.

Message 4 of 34 (1,369 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Payne-TKOne of the things about Pathfinder when you mention "visual display issue" is the fact he quite often enters into combat while grappling. So that obviously raises a slight concern based on experiences in other games - notably Battlefield vaulting - where some animations can change the way damage is taken. I'm not saying this is an actual issue with Pathfinder. But it does make fighting Pathfinder possibly more complicated than other Legends.

Message 5 of 34 (1,356 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Never try to headshot a PF. I don't think he has one any more.

For me, he is the single hardest to hit legend now. Even when he is downed, anything other than centre mass and it feels like your bullets just disappear.

Be it hitbox, or hit reg, it needs fixing.

Message 6 of 34 (1,335 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

he has one hit box that registers...occasionally...the damn smiley face..shoot that 20 times and you maybe get 15 hits...other than that goodluck

Message 7 of 34 (1,279 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I have to agree Pathfinders hit box is really non existent unless your using a burst weapon or a shotgun. Even then your not guarantee to hit him I've missed countless times with anything that isn't a burst weapon or a shotgun. only a far distance can you get him with a 301, flatline etc. 

Message 8 of 34 (1,223 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I bet its something like in Wow wotlk gm class paladin op as * ... today happened to me like 5x most funny fight was when i had legendary wingman full kited with legendary scope.... steady aim to dummy pathfinder which was standing on place and didnt even move 10x fire in to torso no fast shoting steady aimed i hit him once srsly once from 10 bullets foooooooooookin once and what about wraith market portal glitch....... 

Message 9 of 34 (1,141 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I would have to agree that on occasions pathfinders hitbox does seem off. I do think it has to do with some of his skins though. I think his hitbox is registered to his default skin, and then other skins make him more bulky but you can hit those additional areas

Message 10 of 34 (1,134 Views)